Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Polaris Office and the ability to use MLA, APA format.

So I have a lovely Galaxy Note 10.1 for school and art, and noticed that as I was going through Polaris Office that instead of being able to automatically double the space between the lines, as MLA format requires, it has a little slider with numbers ranging from 90 up toaround 200 or so (cant remember exactly).

This is a problem. I'd like to be able to type up my college essays (and man do I have a lot) but I also want to do it entirely on my tablet. But, I have no idea how to set up the entire layout in Polaris Office.

I've already looked at Quickoffice and another, and so far as I can tell, they are no easier. So, I'd rather just stick with what was already provided on my tablet instead of paying another $15-20.

Any ideas? I tried searching for info on it but found nothing.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Polaris Office and the ability to use MLA, APA format.

Anyone? =(

I'm a student too and couldn't find jack-puckey on writing a paper to APA/MLA format. You can mod existing word docs, but you'd have a tedious time trying to set everything up yourself. I actually bought Quickoffice too and there aren't really any options to insert header/footer/running page #s. Hardly worth $20 if you ask me, though I'm not sure about other office apps in the market will do it. If you find one that does, PM me please & I will do likewise for you! Word on the street is that they are working on an Android edition of LibreOffice that would likely resolve all of our document format woes

here's the official online manual for Polaris Office, not that it'll help you except make you frustrated that you have a program that hardly fills the shoes of a real office suite....but it is free at least.
    http://www.polarisoffice.com/en/prod..._userguide.asp

I just checked out Kingsoft...it's free and amazing and it is easier for apa/mla format, allowing you to create a header/footer w/ a running page #, as well as double space. I'm still learning to use it, but it is DEFINITELY worth a try!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ZmaWNlX2VuZyJd
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by P05TMAN View Post
    I just checked out Kingsoft...it's free and amazing and it is easier for apa/mla format, allowing you to create a header/footer w/ a running page #, as well as double space. I'm still learning to use it, but it is DEFINITELY worth a try!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ZmaWNlX2VuZyJd
    Wow thanks, I'll give it a try and let y'all know how it works out for me. ^^
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Alright so I've messed around with Kingsoft, and while I think it's more user friendly and makes setting up the layout much easier then Polaris Office, I'm still having a hard time getting it to double space properly. Also, while the header works, you can't add the page number as the MLA format requires. But I may just not have figured it out yet.

Thanks,
    I almost bought one of the apps. But your suggestion was great. You saved me some money. The Kingsoft works great.
    Thanks Again

Not Found ?????

I actually found out how do double space. If you go to the paragraph tab and under line spacing click the percentage mark change the number to 229 and it should be double spaced. I found this out because I emailed myself a copy of one of my book reports in MLA format for honors English and checked the line spacing.

Barnes and Noble has released an update for their tough-to-crack Nook Tablet, but you may want to essay reviewsteer clear of it for a while. Before we get into the update itself, here’s a quick recap to bring you up to speed.

**SOLUTION**

Quote Originally Posted by JackalopeSunDance View Post
    So I have a lovely Galaxy Note 10.1 for school and art, and noticed that as I was going through Polaris Office that instead of being able to automatically double the space between the lines, as MLA format requires, it has a little slider with numbers ranging from 90 up toaround 200 or so (cant remember exactly).
    I know I'm hella late but if you Google MLA format download or APA format download...download it n open it in Polaris n it'll have all the formats already set in the doc so u type what u got to type n jus make sure u save as n not jus save so u'll have still have it next time

Here's where I got my APA format

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...uJT3aEDrENHM1Q
    Thanked by: