05-05-2017 02:14 AM
512 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Is there a limit to 500 songs for downloading a playlist? It just occurred to me as Squeeze CTRL asked for confirmation to download 500 songs when I wanted to download a playlist containing 7000 titles...
    No, there's no limit to how many downloads can be queued. It asks for confirmation whenever you try to add lists of more than 20 items. Downloading a lot of songs can take a lot of bandwidth and can really tax the server.

The queued items are put into a database, so technically the number of items is limited to how much storage space an app is allowed to use (I think there is a limit, but I don't remember what it is). It should be a really large number though.
    07-06-2016 04:44 PM
    Am I missing something in trying to get music to download to an SD Card? The dialog box that allows me to specify what folder to store music in when downloading seems to always use a path relative to the existing Music folder.

For example, I determined the SD Card path was something like "/storage/4DCC-653F/Music". When I started downloading music it all went to "/storage/emulated/0/Music/storage/4DCC-653F/Music" which was, obviously, not what I wanted.

Is there a way to get the music to download to the SD Card instead of internal storage?

Thanks.
    07-22-2016 11:54 AM
    Am I missing something in trying to get music to download to an SD Card? The dialog box that allows me to specify what folder to store music in when downloading seems to always use a path relative to the existing Music folder.

For example, I determined the SD Card path was something like "/storage/4DCC-653F/Music". When I started downloading music it all went to "/storage/emulated/0/Music/storage/4DCC-653F/Music" which was, obviously, not what I wanted.

Is there a way to get the music to download to the SD Card instead of internal storage?

Thanks.
    You can't download directly to an SD card because the app uses Android's built-in downloading system and that system does not allow downloading to an SD card.
    07-22-2016 12:26 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. That's too bad. However, I learned about the "adopted" mode for SD Cards in Marshmallow which resolves the problem for me.
    07-22-2016 05:23 PM
    Wayne, I like the app and use LMS 7.9 (Windows) as a server and Squeeze Ctrl in "Full View" mode on an Android WiFi Tablet as a controller.

I have one simple nagging issue which I would appreciation clarification:
    When looking at the "Current Playlist" drop down menu there are 4 options:
    Download Playlist
    Save Playlist
    Clear Playlist
    Delete Songs

My query is simple.
    I assume the "Delete Songs" option is actually "Remove Songs from Playlist" and not actually delete the song ?

I also noticed that if you choose the square icon to the right of a song in the playlist, there is an option called "Remove from Playlist"

Could you please advise on the above.
    If my understanding is correct then I would suggest a simple modification:

Simply rename the menu item on the drop down "Current Playlist" menu from "Delete Songs" to "Remove Songs from Playlist" and on the next page rename "Delete" to "Remove"

Regards
    Wicky
    07-25-2016 02:10 AM
    Wayne, I like the app and use LMS 7.9 (Windows) as a server and Squeeze Ctrl in "Full View" mode on an Android WiFi Tablet as a controller.

I have one simple nagging issue which I would appreciation clarification:
    When looking at the "Current Playlist" drop down menu there are 4 options:
    Download Playlist
    Save Playlist
    Clear Playlist
    Delete Songs

My query is simple.
    I assume the "Delete Songs" option is actually "Remove Songs from Playlist" and not actually delete the song ?
    You are correct.

I also noticed that if you choose the square icon to the right of a song in the playlist, there is an option called "Remove from Playlist"
    The items on that menu come from the server and that option is the "official" way of removing songs from the playlist. The "Delete Songs" item in the drop down just provides a quicker way to delete multiple songs. You can also remove a song by swiping it.

Simply rename the menu item on the drop down "Current Playlist" menu from "Delete Songs" to "Remove Songs from Playlist" and on the next page rename "Delete" to "Remove"
    Grammatically, "Delete Songs" is still correct since you are deleting songs from the playlist. Since that item only appears on the menu for the playlist, it is implied that the operations are only performed on the playlist. However, I do see that "Remove" would sound less permanent. "Remove Songs from Playlist" is too long though, it may have problems fitting on phone screens and I don't want the phone and tablet modes to have a different title for that item. I'll probably just change the word "Delete" to "Remove".
    07-25-2016 02:27 AM
    Thanks for the clarification
    07-26-2016 03:28 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. That's too bad. However, I learned about the "adopted" mode for SD Cards in Marshmallow which resolves the problem for me.
    Can you please elaborate on this? Did you or did you not find a way to download to an SD card?
    08-08-2016 01:33 PM
    Can you please elaborate on this? Did you or did you not find a way to download to an SD card?
    From what I understand about "adopting" an SD card, the card essentially extends the main memory of the device, but you can no longer remove it (physically you can remove it, but it will cause errors)

So the answer to your question is, "sort of". If your need for the music to go into the SD card is only because your device memory is full then adopted mode would work. However, if you want to download the music to the card so that you can use it on other devices too, then adopted mode would not work.
    08-08-2016 02:15 PM
    Any plans to enable control of squeezebox before phone is unlocked? Just simple commands like play,pause, track forward, track backward and volume? Ipeng have just made such a feature, but it is only for iphone. I really like the feature because the phone becomes more of a remote. It is annoying to unlock phone every time control of the squeezebox is needed. Otherwise thanks for a great product!
    08-16-2016 07:22 AM
    Any plans to enable control of squeezebox before phone is unlocked? Just simple commands like play,pause, track forward, track backward and volume? Ipeng have just made such a feature, but it is only for iphone. I really like the feature because the phone becomes more of a remote. It is annoying to unlock phone every time control of the squeezebox is needed. Otherwise thanks for a great product!
    That feature has always been available to this app. Just go to Preferences > General and enable Always Connected. It's on by default, but you probably denied the app permission to be exempt from battery optimizations when the app first started which turns off that setting.
    08-16-2016 12:36 PM
    On my Galaxy S7Edge with the S-View cover this does not work. I have enabled "Always Connected" but still Squeeze Ctrl fails to show up on the lock screen....
    08-20-2016 11:13 AM
    On my Galaxy S7Edge with the S-View cover this does not work. I have enabled "Always Connected" but still Squeeze Ctrl fails to show up on the lock screen....
    Check your device's notification settings, you may have blocked Squeeze Ctrl's. Also if Samsung's S-View requires specific support by the app, then it will not work. Squeeze Ctrl will not support proprietary extensions.

Update: Did some googling and as far as I can tell, S-View does need direct support by the app and Samsung hasn't released the API for it.
    08-20-2016 01:48 PM
    I've found that sometimes it works - sometimes not. Haven't been able yet to see a pattern in this...
    08-21-2016 11:38 AM
    I've found that sometimes it works - sometimes not. Haven't been able yet to see a pattern in this...
    S-view probably can only show 1 or 2 notifications at the same time. If Squeeze Ctrl isn't the at top of the notification list it may not show in S-view. What happens when you show your lockscreen without s-view?
    08-21-2016 05:51 PM
    Hi ,

I have Android 6 and Squeezelite (2 players and 1 server) ...my problem is that when I tried to sync the 2 players , I get a lot of problems on network and players become unresponsive . However if I sync from LMS directly..it works fine. Also I have another phone with Android 4.4 (I think) and also that works fine..
    09-02-2016 08:55 AM
    There is no difference with telling the players to sync in the app or on the server. All the app is doing is sending a single command to the server. Everything else is managed by the server. If you have network problems after syncing, it is not caused by the app. The best proof is that you said it works fine on a different phone. There's only one version of Squeeze Ctrl, not separate ones for different versions of Android.
    09-02-2016 12:02 PM
    Hi, Unfortunately there is an error in the plugin Deezer with Squeeze Ctrl. The "forward and rewind" in the player is not working! The App "Orange Squeeze," which works without problems! Best Regards
    Volker
    11-12-2016 10:38 PM
    Hi, Unfortunately there is an error in the plugin Deezer with Squeeze Ctrl. The "forward and rewind" in the player is not working! The App "Orange Squeeze," which works without problems! Best Regards
    Volker
    Just tried it using the official plugin on LMS 7.8, thru the ickstream plugin on LMS 7.9 and using the official plugin on MySqueezebox.com. The next and previous track buttons work fine. Are you expecting the buttons the actually fast forward and rewind, as in make it skip forward and backwards in the same track? If so, that's not how the buttons are suppose to work.
    11-12-2016 11:48 PM
    I can not jump anywhere in the Song.
    I've tried it with the official plugin on LMS 7.8 and LMS 7.9 and with the official plugin on MySqueezebox.com.
    11-13-2016 03:09 PM
    I can not jump anywhere in the Song.
    I've tried it with the official plugin on LMS 7.8 and LMS 7.9 and with the official plugin on MySqueezebox.com.
    If you mean using the position bar to scroll thru a song, you cannot do that with Deezer streams.
    12-02-2016 02:13 AM
    Hi,
    I am new here. I have bought the squeeze Control App for Android and the first impressions are very good.
    Only one thing isn't working for me like I would love to have it.

On the Home Menue i get a Button with

Boombox1 on /off,
    when i change my standard player the button changes in
    Boombox2 on/off.

Is it possible to create such a button for every Boombox I have, like

Boombox 1 on/off
    Boombox 2 on/off
    Boombox 3 on/off

Greetings Perlhuhn2001
    12-03-2016 07:41 AM
    Hi,
    I am new here. I have bought the squeeze Control App for Android and the first impressions are very good.
    Only one thing isn't working for me like I would love to have it.

On the Home Menue i get a Button with

Boombox1 on /off,
    when i change my standard player the button changes in
    Boombox2 on/off.

Is it possible to create such a button for every Boombox I have, like

Boombox 1 on/off
    Boombox 2 on/off
    Boombox 3 on/off

Greetings Perlhuhn2001
    The main interface of the app is designed to work with one player at a time. If you want control multiple players in one screen go to Manage Players. A shortcut to Manage Players is to double tap the player name at the bottom of the main screen.
    12-04-2016 04:41 PM
    Ok, thanks for the answer.

I thought it would be possible to create or give the possibility to create a button for each Player/Zone in the home screen or maybe as a Widget. I thought maybe more people are interested in this.
    I understand the way you wrote it, but you have first to double klick and then return back, two more klicks for a action im using relatively often.
    Maybe i am only too lazy

Greetings Perlhuhn2001
    12-04-2016 05:30 PM
    Wayne, I have Squeeze Ctrl. Love it. One thing I'd like. It may already be there and I just can't find it.

On the Play screen (album cover displayed) I would like to see the song progress bar shown. If I tap the screen if displays. It then times out and goes away. How may I make it display and stay displayed whenever I access this screen?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your reply.
    12-06-2016 11:16 AM
512 ... 1617181920 ...