Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
In both Squeeze Control and Squeeze ctrl, you have a mirror icon that does see the Chromecast unit... connects... and let's you adjust the volume. However the Chromecast is not actually playing, or mirroring the audio. The Squeezebox I am connected to is working perfectly, but the Chromecast unit is not playing. I have tried both local server files as well as Pandora local and via mysqueezebox.com

Please explain what I'm doing wrong.

Also, if possible, can you get your software to INCLUDE Chromecast devices into the player list?

I understand your program is specifically for Squeezebox devices. However with them dieing off, and the Chromecast being a very inexpensive replacement, it could be in your best interest as well.

If so, this would be awesome, as ppl would be able to use their entire local music collections with both devices.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong with the mirroring, and if adding Chromecast as a player is possible at some point.
You're not doing anything wrong. Chromecast support in Squeeze Ctrl is for display only, as stated in the app description. It will never cast audio because it is a remote control, not an audio player.

nicolas giz

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello
I've purchased Squeeze Ctrl mainly because it can be used on Smart watch, with android wear=>On my huawei it was working correctly (only a bug when choosing a player (very difficult to select one or black screen)). Yesterday I've updated my watch to androir wear 1.4 (watch version of android 6), and Squeeze ctrl is not working anymore ! =>when choosing the app on the watch, it says 'the application has closed' and 'ok'.

Are you aware of this bug with android wear 1.4 ? thanks for support

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello
I've purchased Squeeze Ctrl mainly because it can be used on Smart watch, with android wear=>On my huawei it was working correctly (only a bug when choosing a player (very difficult to select one or black screen)). Yesterday I've updated my watch to androir wear 1.4 (watch version of android 6), and Squeeze ctrl is not working anymore ! =>when choosing the app on the watch, it says 'the application has closed' and 'ok'.

No, I'm not aware of the problem. Thanks for the report. I don't own a Wear device so I depend on users to report problems. I'll need to fire up the updated version of the emulator to see what's going on.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I did some research and the problem is most likely caused by a bug in Android M (it was reported with the preview of M, but I guess it stuck around). It should only affect launching the app directly on your watch. If you launch Squeeze Ctrl on your phone, the watch app should start correctly.

There's a workaround to the bug, I'll put it in the next update.

streifenleopard

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
You need to enable the option to create a playlist: Preferences > Song Download > Create Playlist

When you add a playlist to the download queue, it will add the songs in the same order as they are in the playlist. The songs will download in that order unless you manually download individual songs first. The playlist created device will have the songs added to it in the same order as they are download.

Hi there, I just can't get it to work. I have enabled the create a playlist option. A playlist is created but with zero entries. maybe it's due to the paths the files have?

Screenshot_20160311-234027.png

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, I just can't get it to work. I have enabled the create a playlist option. A playlist is created but with zero entries. maybe it's due to the paths the files have?

View attachment 219811
Ok, I'm not sure it was changed in Android 5 or Android 6, but it seems that the system's download manager (which is what Squeeze Ctrl uses to download files) have changed the way in which it reports the path of a downloaded file and you need to do a little more work to find the actual path. Without the correct path, the downloaded file couldn't be added correctly to the media library which means it couldn't be added to a playlist. I'll fix it with the next update.

Google has an annoying habit of changing parts of the API and either not tell anyone about it or bury the info in an obscure change log.

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Forgive me if I've barged in... I couldn't see how to start a new thread.
I've not used Squeeze Commander for a while and now it doesn't display tracks in an album nor play an album.
I must be doing something daft, but how do I play an album?

The Logitech Controller shows tracks and plays albums, so it looks like my system is functioning OK, just not squeeze controller..,

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if I've barged in... I couldn't see how to start a new thread.
I've not used Squeeze Commander for a while and now it doesn't display tracks in an album nor play an album.
I must be doing something daft, but how do I play an album?

The Logitech Controller shows tracks and plays albums, so it looks like my system is functioning OK, just not squeeze controller..,
This thread is for Squeeze Ctrl support not Squeeze Commander (not my app). For Squeeze Commander support try the Squeezebox forums: http://forums.slimdevices.com/

arthurb19

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello - can anyone tell me if SqueezeCtrl can display the progress of a track that is playing? I have tried setting what seemed relevant in the 'preferences' screens (Display>Show Progress in Notification), but it appeared to make absolutely no difference; by the way, what exactly are 'the notification controls'? This is absolutely maddening, surely a progress bar is an essential item?
Arthurb

DavidBulluss

May 8, 2013
Visit site
There may be other answers but mine shows progress bar for 2 seconds if I touch the artwork on now playing screen... as I say, there may be other settings available, but that may get you through for now.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello - can anyone tell me if SqueezeCtrl can display the progress of a track that is playing? I have tried setting what seemed relevant in the 'preferences' screens (Display>Show Progress in Notification), but it appeared to make absolutely no difference; by the way, what exactly are 'the notification controls'? This is absolutely maddening, surely a progress bar is an essential item?
Arthurb
Notification controls refers to the control bar that appears in the phone's notification drawer when the app is in the background.

The progress bar appears when you touch anywhere on the Now Playing screen, except for the edges (that's used for swiping between screens). You can turn off the auto hide feature in Preferences > Controls.

arthurb19

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Thank you DavidBullus and Wayne for your prompt replies, please accept my apologies for my slow response. I should have made clear that I did, for a while, have a progress bar, but that it had disappeared and I couldn't get it back. I now know that the problem was caused by me having to change my Google password some weeks ago, and had neglected to update the tablet that is mostly used as a squeezebox controller. Having updated my Google password on the tablet I now have my progress bar again. I assume that the problem was that my SqueezeCtrl had reverted to non-tablet, or 'phone', mode, and that had removed the progress bar; I have not been using SqueezeCtrl for long and was therefore very easily confused. Anyway it seems that all is well again, and I can add my voice to the thanks to Wayne for a really neat piece of software; I even like the standard background colour, it makes a welcome change.

One question: as I am a user of Erland's Custom Browse and other plugins, can I ask Wayne if the SqueezeCtrl is based on the Squeezebox, or SqueezeCenter, Web Interface? This is because I am trying to alter the track, or 'song', information displayed.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
One question: as I am a user of Erland's Custom Browse and other plugins, can I ask Wayne if the SqueezeCtrl is based on the Squeezebox, or SqueezeCenter, Web Interface? This is because I am trying to alter the track, or 'song', information displayed.
I don't use the Custom Browse plugin, but I've been told that it should work with Squeeze Ctrl.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I purchased this device but it can't find my server despite the fact that it is up and running fine.
Is there a way to manually add the server?
Cheers

That device is basically a tablet with big speakers, so yes both SB Player and Squeeze Ctrl has a way to manually add a server. For Squeeze Ctrl: Preferences > Servers > Add Server. However, if the apps cannot find the server then you may have a connectivity problem with the device. Check it's network connections.

streifenleopard

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, thing is just that I can play from my NAS to this device with DS Audio Station and the respective app but not from LMS and Squeeze Ctrl although I can use my PC and the LMS web interface.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463