Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)

cdsgames

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi ,

I have Android 6 and Squeezelite (2 players and 1 server) ...my problem is that when I tried to sync the 2 players , I get a lot of problems on network and players become unresponsive . However if I sync from LMS directly..it works fine. Also I have another phone with Android 4.4 (I think) and also that works fine..

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
There is no difference with telling the players to sync in the app or on the server. All the app is doing is sending a single command to the server. Everything else is managed by the server. If you have network problems after syncing, it is not caused by the app. The best proof is that you said it works fine on a different phone. There's only one version of Squeeze Ctrl, not separate ones for different versions of Android.

VolkerOne

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Unfortunately there is an error in the plugin Deezer with Squeeze Ctrl. The "forward and rewind" in the player is not working! The App "Orange Squeeze," which works without problems! Best Regards
Volker

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Unfortunately there is an error in the plugin Deezer with Squeeze Ctrl. The "forward and rewind" in the player is not working! The App "Orange Squeeze," which works without problems! Best Regards
Volker

Just tried it using the official plugin on LMS 7.8, thru the ickstream plugin on LMS 7.9 and using the official plugin on MySqueezebox.com. The next and previous track buttons work fine. Are you expecting the buttons the actually fast forward and rewind, as in make it skip forward and backwards in the same track? If so, that's not how the buttons are suppose to work.

VolkerOne

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I can not jump anywhere in the Song.
I've tried it with the official plugin on LMS 7.8 and LMS 7.9 and with the official plugin on MySqueezebox.com.

Perlhuhn2001

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
Squeeze Control Button Home Menue

Hi,
I am new here. I have bought the squeeze Control App for Android and the first impressions are very good.
Only one thing isn't working for me like I would love to have it.

On the Home Menue i get a Button with

Boombox1 on /off,
when i change my standard player the button changes in
Boombox2 on/off.

Is it possible to create such a button for every Boombox I have, like

Boombox 1 on/off
Boombox 2 on/off
Boombox 3 on/off

Greetings Perlhuhn2001

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Squeeze Control Button Home Menue

Hi,
I am new here. I have bought the squeeze Control App for Android and the first impressions are very good.
Only one thing isn't working for me like I would love to have it.

On the Home Menue i get a Button with

Boombox1 on /off,
when i change my standard player the button changes in
Boombox2 on/off.

Is it possible to create such a button for every Boombox I have, like

Boombox 1 on/off
Boombox 2 on/off
Boombox 3 on/off

Greetings Perlhuhn2001

The main interface of the app is designed to work with one player at a time. If you want control multiple players in one screen go to Manage Players. A shortcut to Manage Players is to double tap the player name at the bottom of the main screen.

Perlhuhn2001

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site

Ok, thanks for the answer.

I thought it would be possible to create or give the possibility to create a button for each Player/Zone in the home screen or maybe as a Widget. I thought maybe more people are interested in this.
I understand the way you wrote it, but you have first to double klick and then return back, two more klicks for a action im using relatively often.
Maybe i am only too lazy;)

Greetings Perlhuhn2001

RedErikus

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Wayne, I have Squeeze Ctrl. Love it. One thing I'd like. It may already be there and I just can't find it.

On the Play screen (album cover displayed) I would like to see the song progress bar shown. If I tap the screen if displays. It then times out and goes away. How may I make it display and stay displayed whenever I access this screen?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your reply.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Wayne, I have Squeeze Ctrl. Love it. One thing I'd like. It may already be there and I just can't find it.

On the Play screen (album cover displayed) I would like to see the song progress bar shown. If I tap the screen if displays. It then times out and goes away. How may I make it display and stay displayed whenever I access this screen?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your reply.
Go to Preferences > Controls and disable "Auto-hide Progress Bar". This will stop it from auto-hiding when the app is in the foreground, but it will still hide the bar when you exit, send the app to the background, or disconnect from the server.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Ok, thanks for the answer.

I thought it would be possible to create or give the possibility to create a button for each Player/Zone in the home screen or maybe as a Widget. I thought maybe more people are interested in this.
I understand the way you wrote it, but you have first to double klick and then return back, two more klicks for a action im using relatively often.
Maybe i am only too lazy;)

Greetings Perlhuhn2001

Yes, technically it's possible to add power items for other players to the home menu, but I really feel that they don't belong there. Everything going on in the 3 panels of the main display is about the currently selected player. Having controls for other players there is out of place and borderline bad design.

Also, since the home menu is editable, adding those items is not as easy as it seems and certain not really worth the effort considering the lack of user request for it.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your work, great app !

Do you plan to realise an Android TV version ?

Thanks

I've been considering this on and off for a while. The existing tablet interface with the sliding panels is just not workable for a control pad and none of the widgets and controls that Google provides for use on the TV is well suited for a complex menu system either. Since there's not a huge demand for it, I just going to wait and see if I eventually have an "AHA" moment on a workable design.

CypherMK

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have an issue with this app.
When I open the app (mostly through the notification), and I go to the playlist, it sometimes doesn't scroll up or down. When I try again, it will move the song which I'm touching at that moment. When I release my finger and try again, the scrolling goes fine.
Do you know what the issue can be? And is there a way to provide you some kind of log to help you find the issue?

I'm using a nexus 6p with android 7.1.1

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have an issue with this app.
When I open the app (mostly through the notification), and I go to the playlist, it sometimes doesn't scroll up or down. When I try again, it will move the song which I'm touching at that moment. When I release my finger and try again, the scrolling goes fine.
Do you know what the issue can be? And is there a way to provide you some kind of log to help you find the issue?

I'm using a nexus 6p with android 7.1.1
You are probably just hovering over an item too long before you moved your finger to scroll and the app detected it as a long press to reorder the playlist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar