Where is Carbon for Android?

weberm13

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I understand this going to be a free app, so I can't really complain all that much, but Where is Carbon for Android. It has been promised over and over again, and we heard two months ago or so that it was "just dayz away".

i don't think it will ever come out. At least I'm beginning to think that way. What do you think?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I checked on it this week, actually.

I'll not speak for the dev, but let me answer that question with another question: What's the one behind-the-scenes feature a Twitter client needs to work? And what if there was a problem with that feature that has nothing to do with the app being "ready" insofar as the dev's work is concerned?

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I checked on it this week, actually.

I'll not speak for the dev, but let me answer that question with another question: What's the one behind-the-scenes feature a Twitter client needs to work? And what if there was a problem with that feature that has nothing to do with the app being "ready" insofar as the dev's work is concerned?

Not connecting to twitter?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
That's what I would guess is that Twitter is somehow responsible for the delay give Phil's answer. If that is really the case, I'm sorry I was mad at the dev's. I'll transfer that rage to Twitter.

Yes, especially with Twitter really wanting you to use the official app. I gave up on the official app after you have to set notifications for each person you follow. That is nonsense.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded the app really cool, it says Carbon checks for updates every 15mins is there no way to disable that and do manual refresh? i know it's early days maybe in future updates. love the dark look and animations.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You are thinking of the backup app named Carbon. This is a Twitter app.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded the app really cool, it says Carbon checks for updates every 15mins is there no way to disable that and do manual refresh? i know it's early days maybe in future updates. love the dark look and animations.

Just pull down on the TL, @, or DM screen to refresh manually. Otherwise, for now, the 15 minutes is the only option.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just pull down on the TL, @, or DM screen to refresh manually. Otherwise, for now, the 15 minutes is the only option.

I do pull to refresh but i just didn't want the app to run in the background (if thats what the 15min thing is) maybe have an effect on battery drain.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I am loving Carbon right now. It is a much cleaner look than anything that is out there. We need to keep in mind that this app was just released and I am sure that they are working on additional features. I really like that they released an app that actually works, instead of trying to add too much and not have proper functionality.

shokuchi

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Underwhelming to be honest, can't beat falcon pro for an enjoyable user experience. love falcons power (urls, photo, YouTube) is viewable within app.

Carbons trend options for countries is one long disorganised list. It's the first thing I looked for as for me it's a key point and falcons weakest link.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Carbon looks great and has potential. But it's crashing way too much to be my main Twitter app. And it's needs notifications for new timeline tweets. Why apps only have mentions and messages makes no sense to me. Right now, Falcon Pro is the app for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1