Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paul-c
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Question Where is Carbon for Android?

I understand this going to be a free app, so I can't really complain all that much, but Where is Carbon for Android. It has been promised over and over again, and we heard two months ago or so that it was "just dayz away".

i don't think it will ever come out. At least I'm beginning to think that way. What do you think?
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

Default Re: Where is Carbon for Android?

I checked on it this week, actually.

I'll not speak for the dev, but let me answer that question with another question: What's the one behind-the-scenes feature a Twitter client needs to work? And what if there was a problem with that feature that has nothing to do with the app being "ready" insofar as the dev's work is concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    I checked on it this week, actually.

I'll not speak for the dev, but let me answer that question with another question: What's the one behind-the-scenes feature a Twitter client needs to work? And what if there was a problem with that feature that has nothing to do with the app being "ready" insofar as the dev's work is concerned?
    Not connecting to twitter?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    Not connecting to twitter?

That's what I would guess is that Twitter is somehow responsible for the delay give Phil's answer. If that is really the case, I'm sorry I was mad at the dev's. I'll transfer that rage to Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by t3kd View Post
    That's what I would guess is that Twitter is somehow responsible for the delay give Phil's answer. If that is really the case, I'm sorry I was mad at the dev's. I'll transfer that rage to Twitter.
    Yes, especially with Twitter really wanting you to use the official app. I gave up on the official app after you have to set notifications for each person you follow. That is nonsense.

Just downloaded the app really cool, it says Carbon checks for updates every 15mins is there no way to disable that and do manual refresh? i know it's early days maybe in future updates. love the dark look and animations.

How much cloud storage do they offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    How much cloud storage do they offer?
    Can't see no option for cloud storage, what would you need that for?

You are thinking of the backup app named Carbon. This is a Twitter app.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House
    Thanked by:
    Lanhoj 

Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    Just downloaded the app really cool, it says Carbon checks for updates every 15mins is there no way to disable that and do manual refresh? i know it's early days maybe in future updates. love the dark look and animations.
    Just pull down on the TL, @, or DM screen to refresh manually. Otherwise, for now, the 15 minutes is the only option.

Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House
    Thanked by:

I really like the animations. Glad it's finally here, it was worth the wait.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA
    svfd757 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaize19 View Post
    Just pull down on the TL, @, or DM screen to refresh manually. Otherwise, for now, the 15 minutes is the only option.

I do pull to refresh but i just didn't want the app to run in the background (if thats what the 15min thing is) maybe have an effect on battery drain.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

Yeah, the 15 max calls per 15 minutes thing is a Twitter API thing. https://dev.twitter.com/docs/rate-limiting/1.1/limits

So do you give options for pulling more often than that and returning a "rate limit exceeded" error? Or just don't give an option and instead stick with the API limit?

Lose-lose for a dev, probably. "We want options!!!" versus "Why am I getting errors!!!"

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

I am loving Carbon right now. It is a much cleaner look than anything that is out there. We need to keep in mind that this app was just released and I am sure that they are working on additional features. I really like that they released an app that actually works, instead of trying to add too much and not have proper functionality.
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Underwhelming to be honest, can't beat falcon pro for an enjoyable user experience. love falcons power (urls, photo, YouTube) is viewable within app.

Carbons trend options for countries is one long disorganised list. It's the first thing I looked for as for me it's a key point and falcons weakest link.

Carbon looks great and has potential. But it's crashing way too much to be my main Twitter app. And it's needs notifications for new timeline tweets. Why apps only have mentions and messages makes no sense to me. Right now, Falcon Pro is the app for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2