Google maps isn't "following me" as I move.

katazap

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It finds my location within seconds, but the arrow won't refresh as I move (or it jumps after a considerable distance which is very inconvenient)
I uninstalled the updates and cleared the cache but it didn't solve the issue. I have GPS and wifi on, I'm using a LG optimus Me, 2.2.
How can I fix this?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It won't follow you in Maps. It refreshes your location at certain intervals. If you want to see real time location tracking use Navigation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

katazap

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, google maps Navigation is not avaiable in my location, apparently :( I figured google maps followed one's movements as well, like on Blackberry.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I use an older version of google maps (ver 6.5.0) on my poor overworked optimus s. I won't update it since it works good and I can't lose that functionality. And it does show my location in real time. Once I open google maps, simply touching the locate button in the top right corner centers the map on my position. Then the blue arrow shows my location moving in real time as I drive. You shouldn't need google nav for this. I can't imagine that basic modern functionality not in google maps. It would cripple the program making it almost worthless.

katazap

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I was using the newest update, then I uninstalled it and used the old one and it's still not working for me. I can't understand why this isn't built in google maps, real time tracking it's the only reason I needed GPS in the first place :/ What can I do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech