Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Unhappy Re: Gapless playback of music from Google Play

Hi,

Have been following this thread since I recently got myself a Moto G. Tried Google Play Music and I can't have gapless play, equializer on or off, doesn't matter.

I upgraded to Kit Kat and have Play Music v5.61617P

Poweramp does it ok. Interestingly enough, the web version of the player doesn't do gapless playback either...
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  
    Zee

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts

Default Re: Gapless playback of music from Google Play

Yeah it's dependent on phone version and Google play music. Works with nexus. Annoying to say the least.

Posted via Android Central App
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    Yeah it's dependent on phone version and Google play music. Works with nexus. Annoying to say the least.

Non-rooted HTC m8 here and no go on the gapless playback in Google music. Horrible as I'm a huge live music listener, and on a phone that that's supposed to cater to audiophiles.... 😠

I'm not rooting just to get gapless....Google and/or HTC need to get this fixed.

Can confirm, my brand new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact has no gapless playback at all with Google Play.

This is enough of an issue for me to return the phone, unfortunately. I've never had any issues before with my Nexus 4 and my Moto E. A real shame.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  
    Zee

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Holyoake View Post
    Can confirm, my brand new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact has no gapless playback at all with Google Play.

This is enough of an issue for me to return the phone, unfortunately. I've never had any issues before with my Nexus 4 and my Moto E. A real shame.
    This really bothers me. I'd like to consider non Nexus phones for my next purchase in the fall of 2015, but gapless playback in Google play music is a must for me. Google needs to fix this crap.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I don't know if you absolutely have to use Play Music, but I tried Shuttle and isn't disappointed. Gapless playback works flawlessly out of the box like it does on iOS iTunes (used to have iPhone 5).

* I listen to a remixed songs, so gapless playback is a must.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  
    Zee

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minori_aoi View Post
    I don't know if you absolutely have to use Play Music, but I tried Shuttle and isn't disappointed. Gapless playback works flawlessly out of the box like it does on iOS iTunes (used to have iPhone 5).

I have my music on Google play music cloud so I need to use the app.

Quote Originally Posted by minori_aoi View Post

Maybe I don't know enough about Shuttle but from what I saw, you really can't look at it as a Google play replacement it since Play is all about streaming your music library from the cloud and the music service subscription, where shuttle is just a music player for music physically on your device.

I have Power Amp as my stock music player replacement and it has phenomenal gapless playback as well as different cool fade options when selecting tracks. But it has the same limitations as Shuttle...no cloud access or music subscription.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  
    Zee

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts

It's fairly sad that I originally started this thread almost 2 years ago, sent numerous reports to Google, and we're still talking about this issue.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  
    Zee

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
    You know the drill, a new version of Google Play Music drops, and I play Tool's Parabol and Parabola back to back to see if gapless playback works without having to turn on the Equalizer.

Play Music Version: 5.6.1609P
    Phone: Nexus 5
    Android version: L preview build
    Gapless playback status : WORKS

Yes, I don't know if it's due to the new version of Google Play Music alone, or the combination of Music running on Android L preview, but gapless playback once again works without having to use the Equalizer.
    Re-reading this thread, I FORGOT about this. Gapless on the Nexus was working in the Android L preview build. I *wonder* if this is finally fixed in Android L. I've since gone back to KitKat but i'm anxious to try this one out again in a few weeks (or whenever L is ready)
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  
    Zee

Global Posts
    645 Global Posts

Tested latest version v5.7.1717Q (new material design version) on KitKat. ALMOST works..some albums seemed fine gaplessly, but then one skipped between tracks. Have to re-test again once I get Lollipop pushed to my phone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123