Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  
    Zee

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts

Default Re: Gapless playback of music from Google Play

So some strange behavior with Google Play Music and my Xperia Z3. If I clear the cache in the settings and have "Cache during playback" and "Automatically cache" enabled, then go to play an album that is gapless...tada, it works. However, the next time I play that same album, (with the cache already populated so it doesn't have to fetch the data from the server), suddenly there's a gap in that very same album. So stupid, if it works one way it should work all ways.

So frustrating, I have a nexus 7 and has always worked on that. But never on my Samsung galaxy s4 mini, not only is it not gapless but on shuffle there is a little click between tracks. Any advice? It's poor, iTunes fixed this in 2006

Some potentially bad news guys...

I've been running the preview versions of Android M on my Nexus 5, and the gapless bug is back.

However, they've also now removed the Developer Option to choose the deprecated NuPlayer (which could do gapless).

Unless this option is reinstated in the production version of M, it looks like we're back to not having gapless playback again!

Not happy.

Update: enabling the Equaliser in Play Music seems to have restored gapless playback (Play Music v6.0.1995S on M preview 3)

Xperia Z3 Compact, Google Play Music, lots of frustration. Android 5.1.1, latest build (234).

Yesterday I decided to activate the Premium Spotify. Then I found out its local files management has been crippled to the level where it's essentially useless. It will randomly download songs to my phone. Or not. Or replace them with Spotify versions.

Apple Music has been incredibly useless since day one and it is still not repaired. Replacing songs with other versions based SOLELY on the title, and not even that, because "Rebel Heart (Demo 4)" is the same as "Rebel Heart" for AM.

So I activated my trial of Google Play Music. Yay! I can download my songs from the cloud and they play and I can add the new David Bowie! Except... I can't play gapless.

When I try to enable equalizer, I have the Sony ClearAudio+ enabled. No dice. When I disable that and use a flat eq setting, there are STILL gaps between songs, but they take a slightly different form – instead of an actual gap it sounds like the song is muted for half a second (it doesn't miss the beat, it just goes quiet for a moment). I have a lot of gapless mixed albums.

Is there really no music service that can get ALL things right? Is it that difficult?

Thumbs up Re: Gapless playback of music from Google Play

Big thanks..works like a charm!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234