looking for an app that replicated the "group" function of Blackberry Messenger

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I am sure many of you are former Blackberry users....and are familiar with the BBM program. During the last year, RIM updated BBM to include a "group" function. Basically, you could put together a group of your friends, coworkers, etc and be able to have group chats, group appointments, etc.

It is the group appointments that I used on a daily basis with my work group. Via the BBM program, we could set appointments and the appts would propogate to everyone's main calendar. It was fantastic! Really kept everyone in the group up to date on the wherabouts of eachother.

Is there an application for android that can perform such a function?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i am looking for somthing like this as well. there has to be somthing similar to it but dont know how good it could be if it is not popular since a lot of ex bb users are now android users and probably would pay a lot for it.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I live by the group calendar update. I have a workgroup of 3 people and we are hardly ever in the office at the same time. The calendar updates make my life so much easier. I think I could setup a group calendar via MS Exchange, which we have at the office, but......none of use it. Mainly because the office can't justify adding the BES software to the servers for only about 10 blackberry users.....and frankly none of us wanted to pay the extra $30 a month on top of the normal smartphone charges (already $30) from Verizon for the BES monthly data plan.