Download all Google Music?

electric turd

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Im about to purchase either a Razr HD Maxx or a Galaxy S3 and I was wondering if I can download all of my music from google in one shot? I have around 17 gigs on there if that makes a difference.

electric turd

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Or is there another easy way to transfer music and playlists from my macbook? i've heard there are some issues with the galaxy connection to macs.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If you are already setup on Google music than why download? For the devices you listed just enter your gmail account and boom, your done. I think you can download too but it may require music manager.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you are already setup on Google music than why download? For the devices you listed just enter your gmail account and boom, your done. I think you can download too but it may require music manager.

I'm guessing that he probably wants to transfer that music to his Macbook to play back with iTunes.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Im about to purchase either a Razr HD Maxx or a Galaxy S3 and I was wondering if I can download all of my music from google in one shot? I have around 17 gigs on there if that makes a difference.

Are you trying to save all 17GB of music to both a RAZR MAXX HD and a Galaxy S III?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Or is there another easy way to transfer music and playlists from my macbook? i've heard there are some issues with the galaxy connection to macs.

Once you have all of your music in the cloud, you can manage it in the Google Play music player on the device. There is no reason for you to connect a Galaxy S III to a Mac to sync music.

If you wanted to download all of the music you've uploaded to Google Play to your Macbook, you can easily do that with the music manager application.

Install the Google Play Music Manager - Google Play Help

Download music from your library - Google Play Help

Evoken

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm wanting to download all the music to my phone not my MacBook. Is that possible? I don't want to use my data plan to listen to music at all

You can download your music through the browser or with the Google Music app on your phone (choose make available offline and it will download it). But given the size of your library it would be best to leave it downloading on your computer (you can use the Music Manager to download it all) and then transfer it to your phone.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm wanting to download all the music to my phone not my MacBook. Is that possible? I don't want to use my data plan to listen to music at all

When I was reading about the updates to Google music this week I saw something to the effect that you can only download music twice. I guess this is part of a DRM agreement. If true I assume that you would be better served by "make music available off line"

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
When I was reading about the updates to Google music this week I saw something to the effect that you can only download music twice. I guess this is part of a DRM agreement. If true I assume that you would be better served by "make music available off line"

The "only two downloads" only applies to downloading from the Web interface. Using Google's Music Manager Windows client and "make available offline" doesn't have this limitation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000