APP REQUEST - Auto Airplane Switch

sammyc53#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
An app that will toggle the Airplane mode on/off repetitiously OVER AND OVER. Not just at certain times of the day.

Example, you are on vacation, away from a charger all day. You know it's inevitable that your phone will die later in the day. People still need to be able to get a hold of you, but not right away.

This app would take the phone out of Airplane Mode about every 10 minutes. It would give the phone enough time to retrieve SMS and Voicemails, then go back to Airplane Mode.

I imagine this could drastically save battery life. There would be a sliding scale ranging from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. Maybe even an option to decrease frequency as battery life reaches a point, say below 20%.

I can name numerous occasions where this would save me!

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd imagine it would destroy battery life...thats 6 times an hour it's switching...just turn off mobile network and use wifi?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Checkout Tasker. It HIGHLY configurable to do just about anything you want. The dev also takes requests to add functionality. :)

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, turn off 3g. If you have HTC device, there should be a widget to turn it off/on.

You can still make calls and get SMS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21