Best RDP client?

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I'm an IT manager for my company and being able to log into a server in a pinch to fix an issue when I'm on the road without booting up my laptop would be great. I've seen a few remote desktop clients out there, does anyone have any experience with them?

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
RDM+ is my favorite. I used it when I had a BlackBerry and now they have released it for Android. Has the best screen resolutions that I've found so far (other apps seem to change the screen size first).

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
+1 for RDM+. I used it a ton on BB and now that they ported to Android they were nice enough to transfer my license at no cost to my TBolt.

TeamViewer is free and works well as strictly an RDP app.

RDM+ has quite a few more features such as getting into drives or system settings without actually having to load the Desktop. Plus it offers a quick shutdown of a remote system which was always great when I would be away from home and find out there were electrical storms near the house.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys. Let me correct my previous post. I had just received my updated license for RDM+ and hadn't had a chance to connect to one of my PCs with it. I mistakenly assumed the functionality would be the same or similar to the Blackberry version I used for a long time.

RDM+ is definitely a good choice for RDP connections BUT, for some reason, it no longer supports the functionality it used to.

In the past, you could choose to connect to a Remote Computer and not wait for the desktop to load. It would take you straight to a plain directory tree very quickly where you could choose functions like Quick Shutdown, or just select a Shared Drive and see all the files on it and transfer files from it to your phone, or even do a reboot of a remote machine that was partially hung as long as the OS was running well enough to respond to a Remote Procedure Call and a few other nice little tricks.

All that is gone! The Android iteration is a plain and simple RDP like all the others. It is very fast and very secure but my favorite things that set it apart from the other programs are nonexistent.

I'm definitely going to use it because they didn't force me to buy it again (thank you Shape Software) but I'm a bit disappointed. Hopefully they will update it to bring back the other functions.

Sadly, if I was in the market for a RDP right now I'd go with the FREE TeamViewer which worked quite well for me while I waited patiently for RDM+ to come to Android.

I will be more than happy to jump back on the RDM+ bandwagon and recommend it as a BUY if and when the app is updated to return it to its former glory.