Introducing my new app, Text Soundly

GabeSechan

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If this is the wrong forum for this, I sincerely apologize and ask this be moved.

My name is Gabe Sechan. In my previous job, I was Lead Android Developer at Swype. I'm currently CEO and founder of Gabe Sechan Software. We've just released our first app, Text Soundly. Text Soundly is a solution to the problem of texting while driving. The app will detect when a user is driving and automatically start reading out all new incoming texts over the device speaker or bluetooth earpiece. You can then reply by voice. This is all 100% hands free- you don't need to touch your phone at any point, not even to turn reading mode on. It's all automatic.

As you may know, texting while driving is a major cause of accidents today- in 2011 23% of all accidents involved a cell phone, and research shows that you are 23 times more likely to be in an accident while texting than normal. This compares to only 1.3x for talking. That means that Text Soundly would reduce your risk of having an accident by almost a factor of 20. This app isn't just about me trying to make a buck- it's a real attempt to save lives. I'd appreciate any mention you can make about my company. The program is found at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...gabesechan.android.textsoundly&token=JSelqRRa and is available on the Android Play market for $4.99.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma