Document Scanner

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am going on a business trip next week and I know i will need to be scanning some documents to send back to the office. Does anyone have any recommendations or horror stories on any document scanners? I found a few on Appbrain, but I like to get people's opinion on apps before I shell out money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DocScanner - Android app on AppBrain
Portable Scanner - Android app on AppBrain
Droid Scan 2 - Android app on AppBrain
Document Scanner - Android app on AppBrain
Scan2PDF Mobile 2.0 - Android app on AppBrain

Jeff2

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I like "Document Scanner" a lot. It works great on my Droid. The best thing is you can try it full featured for a week and then decide to buy, maybe even after your trip. This app even lets you upload your PDF to Google Docs.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't see that option (cropping) in Scan2PDF. While I was looking I did find a nice option I didn't know was in there. You can import any photos on the phone into the program and make a pdf. DInc

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Document Scanner trial to compare it to Scan2PDF. I will be uninstalling it because it kept telling me the picture I took was low resolution, even though I have my phone to take pictures at high resolution (8 mp). DInc.

iamPeter

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that Scan2pdf is highly overrated and priced given that it it basic scan app with no special features. PC World recently recommended Document Scanner.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just tried document scanner and was very disappointed in the results. I don't knwo if has something to do with my Droid X, or if it's this app. Basically, I scanned a 3 page document using the macro setting and the 8MP setting on the camera......the result was that the document was not legible for review.

I noticed that in the camera settings within the app, they recommend (for large MP cameras) using the camera app within the aplication and not the stock camera function of your phone.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I like Scan2Pdf, great outfit, used the Windows app for years, had an issue once, and got an immediate response. Can't say enough good. Tried another on the Droid which immediately hosed my camera and had to restart. This one does what it's supposed to.

wmtoandroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
torn between DocScanner and Document scanner. Useful for scanning receipts on business trips

I tried to purchase DocScanner, but due to a market error the app couldn't be purchased, so I decided to beta test Droid Scan 2.

It has crop features, perspective adjustment and contrast adjustments and it does work quite well for receipts (that what I've been using it for), but it doesn't have multi-page abilities or Evernote integration (it will allow you to SHARE with Evernote, but I find that it's an extra step compared with full integration.

There is a demo available if you want to try (it IS the most expensive scanner app I've found, which may be a problem for many people):

Droid Scan Demo - Android app on AppBrain