Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NFC

Does anyone really use this??? If so, how? I'm just not sure I understand it. I know you can get tags/stickers and then your phone will read them. Thing is, I figure if you have more than 2 or 3 tags, then by the time you go through your stickers for the app you want to control, you could just do it with the phone. Is this the app that eventually you can use your phone like a credit/debit etc rather than having to pull your card out of your purse/wallet (or both if you're a lady like me). I just want a 10 minute video on it on you tube and I'm no smarter about it than I was before. To me, its more stuff to keep track of. Now you carry your phone and your sticker/tags etc. I want things to make less things I have to keep track of. Am I missing the point somehow?

Default Re: NFC

My best personal use of NFC tags is as follows:

one in car - turn on bluetooth, turn off wireless, turn ringer volume on
    one inside door at home - turn off bluetooth, turn on wireless, turn ringer volume on
    one at office - turn bluetooth off, turn wireless off, turn ringer volume off/vibrate on
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: NFC

Now that might actually be useful. The tips and tricks I watched didn't make it sound very handy at all. Might try that and you have almost exactly what I would use. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by in2art View Post
    My best personal use of NFC tags is as follows:

one in car - turn on bluetooth, turn off wireless, turn ringer volume on
    one inside door at home - turn off bluetooth, turn on wireless, turn ringer volume on
    one at office - turn bluetooth off, turn wireless off, turn ringer volume off/vibrate on