Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Little Darwin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fox fi is no longer supporting the free versions. Forces you to upgrade

This is b.s. I've Bern using Fox fi all day but now tonight there's this message
    Fox fi is no longer supporting the free versions. Forces you to upgrade-uploadfromtaptalk1354514779192.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Fox fi is no longer supporting the free versions. Forces you to upgrade

go into the play store and see if there is an update. if they are making reference to a free version, I believe that means it is still there

EDIT: guess not, don't see it in the market. Just another reason to root
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Fox fi is no longer supporting the free versions. Forces you to upgrade

I couldn't even watch a full episode of lost before told me I reached my limit and needed to buy the full version or restart the app. Bunch of sellouts I used to think the developers for this app where really bad*ss for going against the carriers but now they're lame

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Thought that too. Annoying when I get stopped from playing shadow gun dead zone lol. But I mean $7for free WiFi always versus paying the carrier ain't bad. Especially if you don't care to root.

ROM
    Stock

Those developers really are lame!

But, I need to ask...

What is your occupation? I am just curious what we can expect to get from you for free.
    Thanked by 2:
    izhazissuez likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,784 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Darwin View Post
    Those developers really are lame!

But, I need to ask...

What is your occupation? I am just curious what we can expect to get from you for free.
    This guy gets it.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Just as an FYI - its not makers of Fox Fi who stopped supporting their product - it was the carrier you are with that blocked it. More than likely - AT&T or Sprint, has now disabled the version you are using.

The simple work around is to go to FoxFi Installer from your phone and click on the link and download their newest app version - which as of today 12/22/2012 (2:40 AM CST) is working just fine....

Enjoy!

I just paid the $6.97 upgrade fee, and Foxfi works great on my Verizon Note 2 for wireless tethering. $6.97 price is cheap!! Very cool app !!
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

How do I change my app/developer to unknown in my settings.