(Tablet) Apps for Babies?

kimikookskookis

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm planning on buying the Nexus 7 soon I wanted to ask f there is any apps for babies.

On our iPod we have some free Fisher Price Apps (Counting Animals, Shapes and I think ABC), and I just wanted to know if there are some apps like that for Android, and maybe tablet optimized. It's not quite a neccesity, since we have the iPod and also the Fisher Price case that comes with two handles for babies to hold it and blocks the Home Button, but it would be cool if there was such a thing for Android, especially since that iPod is old and doesn't really hold a charge anymore, while the newer one is in a hard-to-remove case, and our son tends to press the home button, bite it or pull the rubber of. Especially for those 20 hours that we spend on Airports and Aeroplanes to switch between Germany and Cali it would be nice to keep him entertained, since he doesn't have space to move around, which is all he wants to do...

Oh, and when I use Googles Book store, or the Amazon one, are there restrictions to the language of ebooks? Would really like to buy some German story books, but ain't sure wether they would be available. Cause Barnes & Nobles sure doesn't have any, and I don't wanna be charged from Airlines for overweight cause of some books.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello, as a parent myself I try to keep up with these things.

I'm not sure about the Fisher Price or other baby/pre-preschool aged type apps but I do know that many of the popular long running cartoons and related characters/stories are starting to pop up on the Android Google Play Store. This has been great to see. I hope they continue to add and expand this more myself as time goes on.

kimikookskookis

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't have to be Fisher Price, as long as there are funny animals jumping around singing he'll be happy and dancing. Well, maybe tablet-optimized wouldn't be a bad thing.

Is there a YouTube Download App? Pretty sure not on Google Play, since YT doesn't allow that. I have one for my Laptop, but I can't use it. But I would like to get some videos of Sesame Street and other stuff on it, since I know THAT makes him really happy. And I also like getting music from YT, so that plus a converter would be perfect. But then again, it's just a tablet, not a PC.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Super Why (I think it's called that) only available through Amazon was a good one for my young daughter. There's plenty of books from Oceanhouse Media that are well done too.

60% of the time it works every time!
*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49