App Request - CLEAN, simple SMS/MMS

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, yeah I know all about GO, Chomp, Handcent, Verizon, Pansi. They all have problems, they are all too cute, they serve ads, they annoy the crap out of me. Want to see texting done right? Go look at Blackberry. I want an app like that. Spec;

No bubbles. Simple alternating colored background fills - kind of like the old green bar printer paper.
Optional pop up notifier
Optional Delivery Notification
MMS
Group messaging
Sort by sender, time, date.
Filter by sender, time, date.
Stored texts (canned replies)
Copy/paste

What I *don't* want;
Themes
Emoticons
Emojis
Backgrounds
Hearts, unicorns, flowers, rainbows, kittens, puppies, etc.

I also do not want it to ask for ANY permissions that do not DIRECTLY relate to the job at hand. Don't ask to use my SD card, my GPS, access to my outgoing calls, etc.

Get it? I use SMS for communication in a professional environment, and even when I'm not using it in that environment I want my tools to be simple, clean, elegant and straightforward. I do not want to hear that I can customize GO the way I want. No, I can't. I've tried. I can come close, but it and all the others all carry unnecessary junk and baggage with them. And even if I was willing to put up with that, I am not willing to put up with the problems that come with "free" apps. Like ads. Poor support. Apps that collect unnecessary data and phone it home to sell to marketers.

That's it. I would pay for this. In fact, if this appears I will pay the unheard of sum for an Android messaging app of up to $20. I'm probably the only one that will though, but I am sure $.99 would go over.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I also do not want it to ask for ANY permissions that do not DIRECTLY relate to the job at hand. Don't ask to use my SD card, my GPS, access to my outgoing calls, etc.

Even if you find the rest, you are going to have issues here. Those are needed for a variety of functions. Want to send/save a picture? there is your SD card permissions. The phone permissions is so that you do not get notifications while you are on a call. Kinda helps keep the noise to a minimum.

Permissions are not a bad thing...

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, the point is don't ask me for universal access to every system on my phone when all you need is my contacts or whatever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae