Traffic: Keep data/wifi enabled while > 50kb/15s
Peak: Do nothing
Charger: : Keep data/wifi enabled while charging
Screen: Keep data/wifi enabled while screen unlocked
How do you have yours setup?

VaccPalm

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance but with something like this. If it shuts down data would you still recieve text and phone calls ??

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
@phillysdon04 Do you see that big of an improvement in battery life if you don't have that app? Just wondering since setting it up seems like a hassle. Is it worth the trouble?

Ever since I stopped using Task Killers, my battery would be around 30% by 11 pm and I consider myself a heavy user. Therefore, I'm just wondering what difference would this app make. Running N1 if that makes a difference.

VaccPalm

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Seems from reading how the app works and the reviews it helps if you dont use the phone alot. What I mean is it will slow down your battery drain in idle a little but if your a heavy phone user you will see very little difference. Just my take.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I did not get that with JuiceDefender, you also needed UltimateJuice to get these features. So I spent the $3.60 to get the full package. Right now I have it set as Philly does in the opening post.

I have an EVO and have been getting 8 hours of battery life. I will report back what I get with JuiceDefender and UltimateJuice.

I like the Widgets to show the increased battery life expected multiplier (1.72) and the expected time remaining.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Turning WiFi off is a mistake if you're within range of WiFi. It uses much less power than 3G. (Of course, if you don't want any data, then turn both WiFi and 3G off).

You realize, I'm sure, that with these settings you won't get any emails, calendar syncing, facebook syncing, etc., except for 3 minutes an hour. Seems awful limiting.

What does distance greater than 4752m mean? Is that meters or miles? And distance from what?

Battery life has far more to do with your signal strength, how much you use the phone, and what kind of data syncing activities you have going on. I suppose JD will probably improve battery life simply by preventing you from using the phone the way it was meant to be used. If you're going to limit email and data to only 5% of the time you have your phone, why not just buy a feature phone and be done with it. I guarantee the battery will last a lot longer.

Rather than applying bandaids, like task killers and Juice Defender, figure out what's killing your battery. Download Spare Parts and System Panel, and search the forum for threads that will help you understand what they're telling you.

milo, if you're only getting 8 hours out of a battery, then either (a), you're in a really weak signal area, (b) you've got some app (or apps) that are running out of control, or (c), you're constantly syncing data, burning up the battery by using the radio transmitter all the time.

Nebilim

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Turning WiFi off is a mistake if you're within range of WiFi. It uses much less power than 3G. (Of course, if you don't want any data, then turn both WiFi and 3G off).

You realize, I'm sure, that with these settings you won't get any emails, calendar syncing, facebook syncing, etc., except for 3 minutes an hour. Seems awful limiting.

What does distance greater than 4752m mean? Is that meters or miles? And distance from what?

Battery life has far more to do with your signal strength, how much you use the phone, and what kind of data syncing activities you have going on. I suppose JD will probably improve battery life simply by preventing you from using the phone the way it was meant to be used. If you're going to limit email and data to only 5% of the time you have your phone, why not just buy a feature phone and be done with it. I guarantee the battery will last a lot longer.

Rather than applying bandaids, like task killers and Juice Defender, figure out what's killing your battery. Download Spare Parts and System Panel, and search the forum for threads that will help you understand what they're telling you.

milo, if you're only getting 8 hours out of a battery, then either (a), you're in a really weak signal area, (b) you've got some app (or apps) that are running out of control, or (c), you're constantly syncing data, burning up the battery by using the radio transmitter all the time.

well i can asure you that the ATK bandaid actually WORKS. but you already knew that. plus most people dont have time all day to keep checking spare parts to see what is burning up their battery

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I don't KNOW that. For every person who says ATK dramatically improved their battery life, there's someone else who said is didn't accomplish anything except cause problems using their phone. And some, like melwan above, who got better life when they stopped using task killers.

If ATK works for you, great. We'll be here to help when something on your phone gets hosed.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just tried juice defender and juice plotter. My battery went from 70% at 4pm to 20% now at 7pm. I'm gonna say it doesnt work. When I took my phone off the charger from 630AM to 4PM it went from 100-70. Without it I normally get go 630AM-midnight with battery left over. (Using CM 6.0 RC-1). Needless to say I uninstalled juice defender. I'll leave juice plotter another day to see if that eats my battery or will play nice.

CN: Juice Defender, 2 mickey mouse size thumbs down.

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
@phillysdon04 Do you see that big of an improvement in battery life if you don't have that app? Just wondering since setting it up seems like a hassle. Is it worth the trouble?

Ever since I stopped using Task Killers, my battery would be around 30% by 11 pm and I consider myself a heavy user. Therefore, I'm just wondering what difference would this app make. Running N1 if that makes a difference.

Yes, without the app, I had a 10% battery decrease per hour. Now I had a 1% decrease per hour in standby mode. The default settings saves battery power but I wanted to save even more power. The settings seemed crazy to me too at first but it is not a hassle, it is worth it to me. The main thing the app does is turn off the battery draining data when you are in standby mode. besides getting emails, you don't need data when you are not looking at the phone. When you turn the screen on and unlock the phone, the internet comes back on and you can do what ever it is you want to do.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
besides getting emails, you don't need data when you are not looking at the phone.

Well, many would disagree with that statement. But if it works for you, then great. Personally, I use Pandora with the screen off, and sometimes I want GPS based updates even when the phone is off. Others might well want Facebook and Twitter feeds to update, etc.

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a 10% battery decrease per hour.
This is what I get with my Incredible. While at work, I have no cell reception so I put it in airplane. I still got about ~25% loss in 6 hours... in air plane!!

The main thing the app does is turn off the battery draining data when you are in standby mode. besides getting emails, you don't need data when you are not looking at the phone. When you turn the screen on and unlock the phone, the internet comes back on and you can do what ever it is you want to do.

Is this what 'Power Save Mode Toggle' does, too??
Which one do you recommend? Do they do the same thing?

Thanks.

Last edited:

readable

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I see JuiceDefender is great for people living in areas where your phone is always search for a 3G connection. I find that when my phone is searching for a 3g connection, the battery decreases the most. Hence this program stops it from searching when the screen is off. As soon as turn on my EVO, it is ready to do anything I want. This is a great battery saver for people in weak areas and who are power users.

chefmike

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I love juice Defender, I got 5 hours before it and now a day and a half or more since uploading it and think that it is great!

wmtoandroid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, many would disagree with that statement. But if it works for you, then great. Personally, I use Pandora with the screen off, and sometimes I want GPS based updates even when the phone is off. Others might well want Facebook and Twitter feeds to update, etc.

Actually, you can set up JD to keep the data connection on if an app is still using it... in other words, it will turn it off based on your settings if no apps have been using data for a set amount of time.

If you want facebook, twitter, email updates at shorter intervals, you can set that too. Basically, you can tell JD when to turn your data connection on so those said programs can do their syncing and then it turns data off again.

I'm testing JD now and I've got mine set to turn data on every 15 minutes. I really don't need updates at intervals shorter than that or I would be constantly bothered with notifications!

sanjsrik

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing really horrible slowdown on their devices using juice defender? I just upgraded to the pro version and wow my device is almost completely non-responsive. screen touches just sit, email doesn't download, the device is simply sitting there.

I disabled juice defender, power cycled off and then off, and eveyrthing is back to being very spiffy.

One of the settings I had set was to not dim the screen on charging cord and it still dimmed the screen.

The interface, in my opinion is VERY confusing to use, I can't seem to set things that are supposed to be set and it doesn't seem as if it's very intuitive in how it's laid out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon