Calendar app with natural language input capability

hankdu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, was wondering does anyone know any calendar app on Android that supports natural language input like Fantastical on iOS? I find natural language input very useful because it's... natural.

For example I can type the following sentence and the event would be setup in the calendar: have dinner with Amy at 8pm at the ritz

Thanks for your suggestion :)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Eddie09t

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
good app idea, I'll try creating one. I'm also a developer :). Btw I don't know an app in Android that meets ur requirement now. will post if I finds anything.

hankdu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh thanks for your reply! I was beginning to think not a single person was interested in this.

If fantastical is of any indication for how popular such app could potentially be, it is the one of the most popular calendar app on mac that has recently been launched for iOS. I tried something called conjure but it wasn't very good...

Sent from my Nexus 4

72Monkeys

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping my nexus 4 but just got a iPhone 5 and found fantiscal....i would love to here of a version for android or even an alternative. please post if you find anything close!

hankdu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I contacted the developer of fantastical to see if they will be making an android version but they said they have no plan in the foreseeable future. I love fantastical. What a shame.

Sent from my Nexus 4

hankdu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Check out Pimlical. It has some abilities along those lines, but I'm not sure how complete it is.

Looking at the app description and looks like it supports natural language voice input. The built in Google now has the same function. I wonder if it supports natural language type input, anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21