Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hankdu
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar app with natural language input capability

Hi all, was wondering does anyone know any calendar app on Android that supports natural language input like Fantastical on iOS? I find natural language input very useful because it's... natural.

For example I can type the following sentence and the event would be setup in the calendar: have dinner with Amy at 8pm at the ritz

Thanks for your suggestion

Sent from my Nexus 4

Default Re: Calendar app with natural language input capability

good app idea, I'll try creating one. I'm also a developer . Btw I don't know an app in Android that meets ur requirement now. will post if I finds anything.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Oh thanks for your reply! I was beginning to think not a single person was interested in this.

If fantastical is of any indication for how popular such app could potentially be, it is the one of the most popular calendar app on mac that has recently been launched for iOS. I tried something called conjure but it wasn't very good...

Sent from my Nexus 4
    katrose08 likes this.

I'm keeping my nexus 4 but just got a iPhone 5 and found fantiscal....i would love to here of a version for android or even an alternative. please post if you find anything close!

Check out Pimlical. It has some abilities along those lines, but I'm not sure how complete it is.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I contacted the developer of fantastical to see if they will be making an android version but they said they have no plan in the foreseeable future. I love fantastical. What a shame.

Sent from my Nexus 4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Check out Pimlical. It has some abilities along those lines, but I'm not sure how complete it is.
    Looking at the app description and looks like it supports natural language voice input. The built in Google now has the same function. I wonder if it supports natural language type input, anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 4