App Request-Syncing Checkbook App

tsquare2112

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Checkbook Register tha will sync between two devices. My fiance and I just sold our iPhone 4's and bought the Samsung Captivate for AT&T. The only app I can't find that we used constantly is the checkbook register app.

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
ClearCheckbook. Syncs with a website (non-intrusive) and your phone. Lots of nice features for free. I just set my wifes and my phones up to sync to the same account so we both have access.

wkj

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This is the only thing I miss about my Palm. It had a great Quicken Sync app. The folks that made it said they would love to create one for the Android and/or iPhone and/or Pre but have not been approached.

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Does it (either the web site or the app) allow for syncing with Quicken using Web Connect, NOT using QIF files?

Unfortunately no. May be able to import the quicken files though.....not sure about that. I keep Quicken on the desktop as backup and also so I can sync to my bank.

wkj

SamuraiMike

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I use ClearCheckbook, and you can import QIF files to it. There's no syncing as fas as I know. You can also try Mint. I've never used it, but from what I understand, it adds transactions as they clear your bank. So you never have to add any transactions unless you want to add one ahead of time. I remember listening to TWiT several months ago, and Leo loved it.

wkj

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
but dont you have to sync twice anyways?

I have Quicken hooked up to my bank to download transactions, etc.... When I reconcile in Quicken, I also fire up the clearcheckbook website and reconcile that. Any changes made on the CB website go directly to the phone. It's an extra step, but I don't want to let go of Quicken just yet.

I use ClearCheckbook, and you can import QIF files to it. There's no syncing as fas as I know. You can also try Mint. I've never used it, but from what I understand, it adds transactions as they clear your bank. So you never have to add any transactions unless you want to add one ahead of time. I remember listening to TWiT several months ago, and Leo loved it.

Right. CB dosn't sync with Quicken or your bank, just with the app on the phone.

wkj

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The Pro version of Loot lets you import and export Quicken files. A little more clumsy than full syncing with Quicken, but I imagine it'll work in a pinch.

chrissyc

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Banking app that syncs with online accounts and allows manual transaction adding

Is there and app that syncs with your accounts online and allows manual transaction adding. I've seen one or the other, but not both together.

Pageonce syncs, but doesn't allow ledger function.

ClearCheckbook lets you track all your transactions, but doesn't let sync with you actual balance.

From the othesr I see in the market none seem to do both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol