Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Red Box Instant App

Okay, so I was messing around with my old Droid 3 running the Steel Droid ICS ROM and I wanted to check to see if Redbox Instant was up and running yet. I fired it up and of course got the "Redbox instant cannot run on this device". Luckily for me I was only on WiFi and it happened to turn itself off (not sure if its the ROM build or my phone). So I tried to open it again with no 3G or WiFi and low and behold I got another screen telling me that the network was not available. Naturally I hit purchases tab and I got the Start Trial Area, which then prompted me to create a account (Which I did) and then to give it Credit Card Info (Which I did not). As you can tell by the other screen shot they are giving you a initial 30day free trial for 8 bucks a month for DVD's and streaming. I even browsed locations in my area for Redbox Kiosks. Thought I would let you guys know. Try it and see if it works for you. FYI I still have not received the account confirmation email from them as of yet.

Hasta

-Lv
    Red Box Instant App-screenshot_2012-12-24-23-32-00.pngRed Box Instant App-screenshot_2012-12-24-23-13-29.pngRed Box Instant App-screenshot_2012-12-24-23-13-00.pngRed Box Instant App-screenshot_2012-12-24-23-12-34.png
    Lv

Default Re: Red Box Instant App

It does not work on my Old Droid Incredible 2 running Gingerbread. But it does work on my Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Awesome. I got in without it asking for a confirmation code, hence why I may not have gotten a confirmation email.
    Lv

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Does anyone know yet if you can use Redbox Instant from a Samsung or HTC phone connected to the TV via a standard MHL adapter? HBO and Hulu+ blocks the MHL/HDMI port out but Netflix does not and virtually everything else on the internet can be viewed on the HDMI-in compatible TV. An MHL kit is a cheap and very practical way of turning any TV in the house into an internet hub... We at IBOLT would love to have a code for Redbox Instant and test the service from Galaxy S 3, Note II etc...