Anyone using Touchdown or Roadsync

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So I love the Captivate, but its built in Calendar and Email apps are weak when used with Exchange - I could create a nice list, but I am not going to complain (to much).

Has anyone used Touchdown yet? I am wondering how it integrates - will it appear seamless? How about switching contacts from email to dialer?

RoadSync is cheaper, but has a few missing features. I know there are free trials of both, but looking for some feedback. More current feedback then i can find online.

Thanks!

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Have not used the device myslef, but here is the developers site for touchdown

ScreenShots

Includes screenshots of the app. Site should also have the info to what you are looking for.

Also remember that if you purchase an app you have 24 hours to return it for a full refund.

slwilliamssr

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for Pocket Informant for Android It can be found here: Welcome to WebIS.net - Home

I used it on my Iphone and this app is the best I have ever used. I was really sad when I made the move to Andriod and found out that iit is still in the works. So until it is ready for prime time I'll continue to use the stock calendar.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for Pocket Informant for Android It can be found here: Welcome to WebIS.net - Home

I used it on my Iphone and this app is the best I have ever used. I was really sad when I made the move to Andriod and found out that iit is still in the works. So until it is ready for prime time I'll continue to use the stock calendar.

shouldn't take long for them to get an Android app released if they claim to be developing one. All the major players are making a shift to Android. The install base just keeps growing. No way developers can ignore Android going forward.

fhp3

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I used touchdown yesterday when I got the captivate. My battery drained 3 times! The phone got hot as well. I'm not sure why but i removed it this AM at about 7:30 EST and I have not dropped to .75 full yet with heavy use. It seemed that touchdown was constantly syncing even though i had it set to 30 Min. without push.

ranova

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
anyone else notice that touchdown runs SLOW as hell on the captivate? Is it slow in general or something is bugged running it on the captivate?

cedarstud

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I've been testing out touchdown as well. I'm not a fan of the UI, but am happy that it renders HTML email. Roadsync unfortunately does not show HTML emails unless we are on 2007 exchange or higher. Touchdown seems to be a tad on the slow side, but nothing considerable IMO. Have not tested how it affects the battery yet... will take a look

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I use touchdown - it is slow to perform the initial synch. I have it set to push, as that's supported by our exchange server. It's a little slower than the native (captivate) email application- both pause when displaying message bodies, but I wouldn't call it slow as hell.

I also use Wifi at home home and at work, which seems to really help with battery life.

Hope this helps,

AoN

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
We use Touchdown exclusively at my job, without any issue. We have the original Moto Droid and HTC Droid Eris. We started to use Touchdown after the Droid kept mysteriously erasing the stock mail settings.

Reactions: msoprano13

MainStream

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I've been using TouchDown since I got my Incredible. I don't have any unusual battery drain and while a UI is something that people will typically either like or not.... I find it to be easy to use. I agree that messages pushed through TouchDown arrive a little behind the stock program but the difference for me is in seconds not minutes. Overall I think it's a good application.

rhettobis

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using Roadsync

and love it. I can set sync schedule to not sync during non-working hours. Also syncs contacts, tasks and calendar. wish it synced notes as well.

i just rooted my phone last night and havent been able to get in there yet. hopefully no problems with it now that it is rooted. i liked the features of roadsync and the interface more than touchdown. just my own preference.

nicholb

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have tested out Touchdown, Road Sync, and Moxier Mail. Out of the three Moxier Mail works the best. Touchdown for the most part functions well, but it has problems with keeping your read/unread status synced and it does not handle exceptions to repeating meetings (they don't move to the new time). It is also does not have a very good interface.

Moxier is easier to use and the only complaint I have so far is the when you delete an email it opens the next one in the list rather than taking you back to the list. One nice thing that the other two don't have is that it will do dynamic look ups in the Exchange GAL while you are addressing an email.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
i tested touchdown for a while and liked it on my evo. it was highly customizable, synced relatively well (although I never integrated contacts) but I just didn't like it enough to pay $20.

tried roadsync and while not as customizable nor as feature rich, it worked well (i.e. K.I.S.S. principle). it was on sale for $10 so i bought it. all i would really like is for it to highlight unread emails in a different color (it only bolds them which doesn't differentiate well for me).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca