snapchat camera problems

Alex090391

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello everybody,
i am having some problems with snapchat. I had no problems with it a few days ago when i was using my droid 2, but a couple days ago i switched to the droid 2 global l because i plan to travel overseas here in a couple months. And since i switched to the droid 2 global snapchat has been acting weird. The problem is that when i take a picture now, holding it portrait style, the phone or app i am assuming rotates the picture 90 degrees and stretches it out and makes it look awful and so i have to hold the camera landscape to take a picture so that it will rotate it 90 degrees and look somewhat normal but it still has this stretched look to it. I have tried to find some way to change this in the settings but can't find it anywhere in the settings, also i assume its the app because the camera app on the phone works perfectly just in snapchat i have the problem. i have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling multiple times and trying to clear the data under manage apps and i have logged out and back in and i dont know what else i can try. has anyone else been having this problem too? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hayley redfern

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
yeah ive been having the exact same problem but on my htc cha cha, no idea why and ive tried everything to fix it but nothing works. has anyone got any idea what's going on? or what we can do? maybe its the same for all androids but i havent heard anything..

Michael Lawrenson

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Im having the exact same problem with the droid 2 global. Searching everywhere for the fix. I downloaded the updated patch for snapchat and it still did not fix

Alex090391

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Michael, I too have been searching all over for tany solution to this problem and have found nothing. May I ask thought where you found the update patch for snapchat? I know you said it didn't help but it couldn't hurt giving it a try.
Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Central Forums

Gundament

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I also have a Droid 2 Global and have been having the same problem with certain apps the camera orientation is off 90 degrees. It's really hard to even aim for what you want. I first noticed it with the Google Goggles app. I don't know what's up with it. :-\

izaak246

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have been having exactly the same problem with snap chat on my Samsung galaxy ace. It works perfectly on both my iPad air and iPod touch 4th generation but i'm still having problems with galaxy ace. I have tried going into the snap chat setting, the phone :(settings and have even uninstalled the app and then re-installed. But nothing. PLEASE HELP.

Jake Farr

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Go to TorrAPK, search for snapchat then download an older veraion, I chose 8.1 Next manually install on device. i had this problem on my galaxy tab 2 and this sorted the problem.

ryantetric

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same sort of issue on my Galaxy Tab S. I just installed the update and now it's showing a weird warped looking sideways screen on the front and back facing cameras no matter what I do. Any ideas??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith