LiveProfile for Android is now accepting beta testers (BBM for Android)

Mikerusso8

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded to an Android from your CrackBerry? Having BBM withdrawal? LiveProfile is your fix.

LiveProfile on your phone is a the best way to stay connected with friends. It is a new feature-packed messenger and social utility designed specifically for mobile phones. LiveProfile allows for the sharing of media and content in real-time. Many have referred to it as the BlackBerry Messenger for all devices.

If you are interested in beta testing please sign up via (you do not need a Facebook account to sign up) LiveProfile | Facebook

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded to an Android from your CrackBerry? Having BBM withdrawal? LiveProfile is your fix.

LiveProfile on your phone is a the best way to stay connected with friends. It is a new feature-packed messenger and social utility designed specifically for mobile phones. LiveProfile allows for the sharing of media and content in real-time. Many have referred to it as the BlackBerry Messenger for all devices.

If you are interested in beta testing please sign up via (you do not need a Facebook account to sign up) LiveProfile | Facebook

What do you mean by " real time " ... How much more real time do you need than " instant" unless your saying that whomever I am texting can see what I am texting as I an actually texting it. Can you explain.

mh27

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by " real time " ... How much more real time do you need than " instant" unless your saying that whomever I am texting can see what I am texting as I an actually texting it. Can you explain.

Text messages are not always instant especially when it is being routed through different carriers. Sending picture messages is even more delayed I waited 20 minutes for my VZW Droid X to send three pictures to a friend using a Sprint EVO 4G. I am beta testing and so far LiveProfile is lighting fast. It is even faster than BBM and you can see when the recipients read your message. I highly recommend it! :D

initialjdg

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested and coming from a blackberry am pretty open to beta testing. Submitted my email and am awaiting instructions. It'd be nice to have a mssg service that I can share with my old BB contacts.

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Now are you able to connect with Blackberry people on this the ones using BBM cross platform type of thing? Or do you have the have this app for it to work?

ClassaN0va

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You guys just continuously fail with this "BBM for Android" crap. Not bashing, but there will never be another "bbm" for any device but blackberries. Just open instant messengers for all devices. Theres a difference.

mellisnj

May 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
You guys just continuously fail with this "BBM for Android" crap. Not bashing, but there will never be another "bbm" for any device but blackberries. Just open instant messengers for all devices. Theres a difference.

Yea I agree. They need to stop saying BBM and giving people false hope of communicating with people on blackberries within BBM chat. That just isn't gonna happen anytime soon if ever.

tech42er#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but BBM's biggest asset is its ubiquity. It avoids the "fax machine effect" (you can only communicate with other who have it) by coming pre-installed on all Blackberries. All of the "BBM for Android" apps need to become immensely possible, or ideally pre-installed on all phones, before they're really usable.

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
LiveProfile is now an open beta, you can find it on the market.
It will not, nor will any third party chat client communicate with BBM as it won't go through RIM's servers.
LiveProfile COULD do something comparable IF they have a similar dedicated, secure server farm these could go through but my guess is they don't.
While it's only in beta right now, I tried it last night and it's phenomenal while on wifi, almost identical to BBM. It did not however work via 3G which I'm hoping is just a beta issue cause this could come very close to recreating BBM.

Vagrant_1

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sweet just need some contacts to try it out.

Well I'm liking what I see so far, but really all good features are absent from the beta to give any real feedback unfortunately.

Last edited:

dtanderson

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Google Talk is the BBM for the Android. Your friends could just install Google Talk on their BB and you can chat just like with BBM. All these other so called BBM for Android are no different, your friends will still need to install a app on their BBs.

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I was looking forward to chatting w/ blackberry BBM users from my Android phone too. I'm disappointed...the description got me excited :p

A lot of crackberry users have lots of friends that use BBM. If you want them to switch off BB, they need to still be able to connect to their BBM users...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech