Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random apps appearing in "My Orders" that I didn't download

Greetings folks. I recently began encountering this issue, and I can't quite seem to figure out the problem.

A few days ago, I was looking through the entire list of android apps I had downloaded, and noticed some irregularities. Specifically, a number of apps that I knew for certain I had never added. All were free, and none appeared to have self-installed, fortunately. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or know what the cause might be? There are a couple that are from the same developer, but I can't see much more of a pattern. I haven't been doing anything funky recently, or gone to any suspect sites on my phone or tablet. My tablet came pre-installed with MacAfee, and a scan came up empty. I'm kind of at a loss, and any insights/help would be appreciated.

Here are the apps that randomly appeared, with the dates they appeared, their developers, and a link to their page on Google's Play Store:

App Name Developer Date supposedly downloaded Link
    Photo Maker KimberyDeiss December 18, 2012 Play Store link
    Checkers holirewer December 20, 2012 Play Store link
    Led flashlight Free Nazarret December 22, 2012 Play Store link
    Great slot machines Great Apps Ltd December 22, 2012 Play Store link
    Jumping *** tonimiliwer December 24, 2012 Play Store link
    Talking Mouse ( free ) NewWaveAppz December 25, 2012 Play Store link
    Talking Alien from Mars Moarbile Family December 27, 2012 Play Store link
    Talking Brian the Zombie Michail December 27, 2012 Play Store link
    Spider solitaire holirewer December 28, 2012 Play Store link
    Magic ball wingonewin December 28, 2012 Play Store link
    Анекдоты frontmatres January 2, 2013 Play Store link
    Talking Pinkdog the Moarnster Michail January 3, 2013 Play Store link

Default Re: Random apps appearing in "My Orders" that I didn't download

Hello

I would like to put the blame on a rouge app or something that caused this but I have never heard of this. Is it possible someone else got a hold of your device/tablet and downloaded these?
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

same "problem", same apps suddenely appeared, GP support suggested to change password - that helps, but refused to tell from where are this apps appeared
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

An update: I turned on 2-step verification and changed my password, and no new apps have appeared since. That's not to say that doing so fixed whatever the problem may have been, but for right now this isn't happening any more. I'll update again if it starts to happen again.

To clarify, in response to Paul's question: I knew exactly where my devices were during the time period when this was happening and when each app was supposedly downloaded. I also checked to see whether there was any weird activity for which Google hadn't notified me (as they did for my mom just yesterday), and the only activity was either from my IP or whatever my phone's IP happened to be at the time.