Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launcher question

Not sure if it's Touchwiz, or JB, but my GS3 app drawer has three tabs, for all apps, running apps, and downloaded apps.

I'm playing with the free version of Nova launcher, and it only shows all apps. I know the prime version lets you customize the drawer, but will it automatically identify and segregate apps I've installed from built-in ones? I find this to be a useful capability.

If Nova won't do it, does anyone know if other launchers will?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default Re: Launcher question

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Not sure if it's Touchwiz, or JB, but my GS3 app drawer has three tabs, for all apps, running apps, and downloaded apps.

I'm playing with the free version of Nova launcher, and it only shows all apps. I know the prime version lets you customize the drawer, but will it automatically identify and segregate apps I've installed from built-in ones? I find this to be a useful capability.
    If Nova won't do it, does anyone know if other launchers will?
    i have the prime. and from what i see, no it doesnt sort them for you. You have to create a new tab and "group" the apps to the tab you created. its a pain.
    Privacy is overrated :P
    Thanked by:

I'm running Nova Prime on ICS 4.0.4, so your experience on JB may be different.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but you can get a display of just downloaded apps . . . from the App Drawer, if you tap the "Apps" tab at the top of the screen, you should see a drop-down list like the following:

Launcher question-screenshot_2013-01-13-08-57-16.png
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
    I'm running Nova Prime on ICS 4.0.4, so your experience on JB may be different.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but you can get a display of just downloaded apps . . . from the App Drawer, if you tap the "Apps" tab at the top of the screen, you should see a drop-down list like the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-13-08-57-16.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	56595
    Very true I just realized you have to tap apps. Good call

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you. I didn't realize the title were also drop down menus.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.