nova launcher prime question

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
can i ask a newbie question please.
installed nova prime last night and am very happy...huge improvement for me over touchwiz which i found a bit too toy-ish for me.

anyway...in nova, when expanding a folder of icons.....is there a way to add a border around the expanded folder or add a brighter background to the expanded folder ??....it clashes, or looks cluttered, sitting directly on top of the other icons behind it...like this..

i have the transparency slider all the way to the left btw.

Screenshot_2013-01-13-09-56-49.png

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I use a brighter background for my home screen, and that provides much better contrast between the open folder and the background. If you're dead set on using a dark background, though, I don't think there's a way to change the folder background color or add a border. Good suggestions for Kevin @ Tesla Coil, though!

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
thanks...i changed main wallpaper and its better now..

seem to have one last issue and not sure if its related to nova at all.......i also use lockerpro for notifications (example of lockscreen attached) .if i get a text or call the lockscreen comes on fine, no issues....but if i have the phone off and i press the home button it flashes for a split second and goes straight into the home page with the app icons.....but...if i wake it up by using to power button its ok.....be afraid of it waking up in my pocket and starting an app or something when i get rid of this wallet cover i have (changing it soon for a back only extended battery cover).....any ideas??...got all defaults etc on lockerpro.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
thanks...i changed main wallpaper and its better now..

seem to have one last issue and not sure if its related to nova at all.......i also use lockerpro for notifications (example of lockscreen attached) .if i get a text or call the lockscreen comes on fine, no issues....but if i have the phone off and i press the home button it flashes for a split second and goes straight into the home page with the app icons.....but...if i wake it up by using to power button its ok.....be afraid of it waking up in my pocket and starting an app or something when i get rid of this wallet cover i have (changing it soon for a back only extended battery cover).....any ideas??...got all defaults etc on lockerpro.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Doug, can you clarify a bit more? You say you have the phone "off," but pressing the home button actually does something? Does your phone have "hard" keys? I have a Razr MAXX, and when the screen is off, the only thing that brings it back to life is the power button.

I use WidgetLocker, which is made by the same folks as Nova Prime. It supports badges with counts, but not in exactly the same way as LockerPro. I occasionally get oddities in unlocking, but I also use a pattern lock for added security. If I get the pattern wrong, I usually have to repeat the correct pattern twice (not sure if it's a feature or a bug :)). Also, if I "wake" the phone after an "auto off" within a 2 minute period, I only have to swipe to unlock and don't need to enter the pattern. I'm pretty sure this last one is a feature :D

After a pattern-unlock, though, I always wind up at the Nova Prime home screen.

dougm1970

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
yeah...i have a samsung note 2....and on the bottom it has one hard 'home' button and a 'soft' button either side and power is on the side of the phone.

i had the phone set to wake up from only swipe....i've now added a passcode to stop it going directly to the homescreen and its somewhat better in that sometimes it'll go directly into the homepage and sometimes it'll go to the lockerpro page to swipe again.....this isn't too much of an issue really, but i do like having instant access to the camera

not explaining myself too well....apologies...thanks for the reply.