Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Exclamation List your favorite Music app. or questions

seeing as this seems to be one of the most posted questions i figured i would create a thread for this specific inquirey. if anybody has any questions about any type of music app or widget please ask them here. i will merge any future threads into this one to help people find the info that they are looking for in source.

here are some good options to start:
    1) pure music widget
    2) btunes
    3) mxzing
    4) spotify

check them out and see what you think
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

DoubleTwist!
    Good idea btw
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

thanks. kinda of wanted to eliminate some of the clutter. though i have a feeling that since i made this now that nobody will make any new threads with this and it will go dry
    Android Advocate

Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

@Brett I'm gonna go out on the limb here and say you should just update the first post as apps are added.

Good, I'll pay some attentions, and if I find any, I'll post here.

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

Default Re: List your favorite Music app. or questions

Vanilla music player fast and clean on my incredible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I have the Meridian player and really like several of the features on the player but I sporadicly get the Force close while playing music. I just hope they will release an update that will fix the few bugs. Movies are great on Meridian by the way.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

Do any play nice with iSyncr?
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2
    Regular lawnmower man...

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Cubed! Love the UI. And it's simple enough to work. Plus, I don't know that many players with a 3x3 widget.

kind of new person questions but.... can you sync you music (and other things) with doubletwist then use a different player on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by dms930 View Post
    kind of new person questions but.... can you sync you music (and other things) with doubletwist then use a different player on the phone?
    Yes. I use Cubed (search marketplace for "Abrantes" and it will come up) and MixZing as my players, and they recognize all the music/playlists I sync with Doubletwist.
    Thanked by 2:

Which music app can use .pls files?

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1.1 jb / stock 4.1

There's a new player on the market called Lithium. It's the only one I've found so far that has crossfading between tracks. I'm really liking it so far, and it might end up replacing my usual pure music/stock HTC combo.
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

I use Mxzing for my music, and Meridian for my movies
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned GROOVESHARK yet. I think their new update really takes it to the next level... it is like having every song you ever wanted for $3 per month as long as you have connectivity. That is a heck of deal to me.

(NEW RELEASE) Charades for your phone...

An app that's better than Catchphrase or Taboo: PhoneFraze!

Party with friends or family using these social games for 4 - 20+ people!

I agree with TheMobileWorx ... And the perfect companion app for Grooveshark is Song Storm Lite!

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default I love iSyncr

Quote Originally Posted by G-Money713 View Post
    Do any play nice with iSyncr?
    I have a vast itunes music collection (over 15,000 songs) with tons of playlists. iSyncr let's me select the itunes playlists that I wish to have on my Android and syncs it quickly. It's important for me to maintain playcounts (for smart playlists) and iSyncr does that. I just purchased the iSyncr addon for synchronising ratings that I have in itunes over to my Incredible.

iSyncr isn't a dedicated player so I still use either Meridian, MxZing or Tunewiki for that. Each offers slightly different benefits, so my decision to use depends on my mood.

Trying Streamfurious at the moment for my favorite streaming stations, but am having an issue with it randomly disconnecting, does anyone know a fix or a alternative app?

I am liking museek as a player at the moment (their simple widget fits in with the way I have my home screens looking at the moment too ... very important ). Not feeling the love for double twist yet but I am not big on the itunes way of doing things prefering to just drag and drop tracks onto my sd card. I will keep an eye on it though and see how it develops.

I'm using MixZing, for 1 reason. It's the only player I've found (so far) that uses the same inputs from iPhone headphone button pushes. It was the only function I missed from the iPhone, & to have it back is Reeeaaal Gooood.

Is there an app besides DoubleTwist that will let me sync my Droid to iTunes on a Mac? I just want to plug in my phone and have the music transfer over like an iPod.

Also, if I use DoubleTwist to do this, do I have to use DoubleTwist to play the music on my phone? Or can I use another app (such as bTunes or MixZing) to play the music?

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Default Music player to play ezstream feeds

Really need an app that will play/stream ezstream music feeds.

I really like doubleTwist. The only issue I have with it is there is no widget yet. Otherwise, it's great.
    This post has +3 to topic derailment.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 &Cyanogen 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by groundkontrol View Post
    Is there an app besides DoubleTwist that will let me sync my Droid to iTunes on a Mac? I just want to plug in my phone and have the music transfer over like an iPod.

Also, if I use DoubleTwist to do this, do I have to use DoubleTwist to play the music on my phone? Or can I use another app (such as bTunes or MixZing) to play the music?
    iSyncr for Mac - Android app on AppBrain
    My Toys
    Google Nexus 10 JB 4.3
    Galaxy S4 JB 4.2
    Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3
    Moto Droid Cyanogen 7.2
    Wife's Stuff
    Galaxy Note II JB 4.2
    Galaxy S II ICS 4.0.3
    Galaxy Tab II 10.1 JB 4.1.2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast