Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Security locate and wipe device

Hi everyone,

I just recently got my Nexus 4 and am a new android user. I'm really loving my new phone!

I come form a blackberry and used to have Blackberry Protect, which offered locating, backup, and wipe services for free. I've been looking for something similar to this for android and did some research but haven't been able to find anything satisfactory. Backup is not important to me, as anything I really need is synced with google anyway. But locate and wipe will give me peace of mind and I really liked having it on blackberry. Those are the only two things that I really want.

I've checked out Lookout, and might settle for the free version, which doesn't offer wipe. I would have to upgrade to a paid subscription to get that additional service - no thanks!
    If it was a one time fee, I might consider it, but I don't even like paying for 99 cent games.

I also read someone briefly saying the new android OS has increased security, but didn't mention what the new services were. I'm currently running Android 4.2.1.

Any suggestions/comments would help! Thanks.

Default Re: Security locate and wipe device

You pay, what, $80 or more a month for phone service, and you're not willing to pay a couple of bucks a month to protect it? What was it Ben Franklin said about penny-wise and pound-foolish?

If you really think a remote wipe capability is important, it might be worth paying for. Anyway, if you do a forum search on "remote wipe" (without the quotes) you'll find lots of information.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.