Best Family Locator / GPS Tracking app

Black Ducati 1

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Noobie to the forums.

I'm looking for suggestions for the best Family Locator app that provides real time GPS tracking.

The kids and I have Android phones and the wife is finishing her contract before moving from an iPhone to Android. So for now I'm looking for one that works with Google and Apple.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tim Dobner

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Try "My Mates Private Friends Network / My Mates PFN" - works on both platforms. Has a Lite and a Paid version so try before you buy! If you like it then tell all your friends!

Coooeee

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

Martine Geschiere

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
The youngest one, almost 8, a girl, got a phone from us. Just so we can reach her anytime needed.
We give her the phone in a few days. We just moved to another house, nearby school and things.
We (parents) both have samsungs s4.
Now with your comment we can follow our daughter with a vodafone simple phone set, each time we want, when she happend to be out-doors.
Thank you very much. I get it right away.

We have just recently launched Coooeee for Android. It will soon be available on iPhone & Blackberry. It has more features than any other GPS Tracking App out there. Tracks all smart phones and as most young kids don't even have a smart phone, with Coooeee you can still keep an eye on them with a GPS Tracker device!

Also has some great Privacy settings!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.c3o3e.coooeee&hl=en&token=u12NF87i
Coooeee - Effortlessly locate almost anything.

Norm

Btw: we're from holland :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Tripod

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I can offer this advice ... whichever you choose, be careful - many of these "parental control" apps are overly concerned with being sued that they send a monthly email to the phone owner, informing them that the phone is being monitored / GPS tracked, etc. As you have likely concluded, the phone owner IS the child. Hence, a savvy teen will disable the app, leave the phone off, or any other action to thwart their parent's intent.

Carmanto

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
There is a lot of apps on the market. Just google something like "parental control app" an you will get load of results to choose from. There is even a lists of best app for family tracking etc. You must be careful, most of these free apps just want to track your phone using information and sell it to advertising systems.

Carmantose

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I have found something like that on internet. This provider family locator [link redacted by Mod], but there is more also. Just google on google play service.

Last edited by a moderator:

Life24h

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
I recently returned to use Android, after 1 full time searching for this software, there's 1 software that can be shared with anyone who needs it.
Software name: Life24h Family Locator GPS Tracker 2020 (if you hear the name, you should know it 😁)
This software is used to install on the android device to be monitored and its device then will locate the members registered in the same family via GPS or 3g, wifi.
The usage is very simple, install the software on the machines that need monitoring (of course, yours: D).
Enter your mail and password to create a new family group. After accessing the main screen of the software (map like google map) tick the add button to add members then enter the email of the phone to track.
When you want to know where the other person is, just tap on the person's name and it will find the location. In addition, the software also allows viewing the travel logs. This is suitable for anyone who needs to follow their lover or bear. 😃
Please refer to the application
Life24h - Family Locator, GPS Tracker 2020 at google play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy