transferring music to phone?

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Nexus, but if it is like every other Android device I have owned, you would connect to the PC with a USB cable, and mount the storage as a drive, and use the PC OS to copy the files to the drive in the appropriate location. The directory names are pretty obvious, on my phone it is: /sdcard/Music

To mount the phone as a drive may require a setting on the phone as well. On my LG Optimus G in the Systems settings menu there is an option for PC connection, and in that submenu, there is a USB Connection Type that has an option called Media Sync that allows for file access on the phone. Your phone may be different, but should be just as obvious.

You should probably ask in the Nexus section to get info specific to your phone, or browse/search the forum, someone else may have already asked the same thing.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How do I get my music from my PC onto my Nexus phone using Music Manager? (Jelly Bean)
You can also upload your music to the cloud by downloading the Google Music program. You can even sync an iTunes folder so it uploads automatically.

For general music you shouldn't have to do anything on your phone when you plug it in. Some devices need to be set to allow the USB connection. Just plug it in then you should see Nexus 4 in the My Computer list. Open it like a USB drive and drag the files into the folder as explained previously.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums