Tasker or Locale for location rules determined by wifi?
I have been a big user of Setting Profiles for a while. I like that I can set different rules depending on which wifi network I am connected to. However, I would like to set up some Google Voice rules that I need either Tasker or Locale for. Before I purchase, I want to make sure that one or the other will allow me to set different rules depending on which wifi network I am connected to. I know I can set up rules to activate when I am connected to wifi, but I want to make sure it will determine WHICH wifi network I am connected to before it executes a particular rule.
- 02-12-2013, 08:17 PM #2
- 02-13-2013, 10:01 AM #3
- 07-23-2013, 05:47 PM #4
- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tasker or Locale for location rules determined by wifi?
OK, here's what I'd like to do; at work, I have great WiFi but little to no cell signal. (Not enough to talk, just occasionally enough to ring.) I have Google Voice and Skype, though, so what I'd like to do is:
When connected to the work wifi
1) switch off the cell radio (weak signal will eat the battery by closing time)
2) sign into Skype if not already on (GV also rings my Skype number, so calls would still get through)
Upon losing that connection, switch cell back on, leaving Skype alone. (Doesn't hurt anything to leave it running.)
What's the best way to do that? Also, can any of these apps decide based on being in range of a WiFi network I don't have access to? (There are a couple of places I don't have access, but they'd make good location references.)
I guess the alternative would be some NFC tags on the desk at work, car's holder, etc. but it seems more practical to do it based on the WiFi.
- By ZachDasher in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 3Last Post: 02-26-2012, 07:17 PM
- By Kaizmuth in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 13Last Post: 12-18-2009, 04:40 PM
- By Jon1029 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 33Last Post: 12-14-2009, 02:21 AM
- By DROIDFREAK in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 40Last Post: 11-10-2009, 02:39 PM
- By alex5252 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-21-2009, 10:24 PM