Todo/Task Syncing

sojourner753

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Android Crew,

I've been searching for a month to find a solution for getting my tasks onto my Nexus One. There are suites like Roadsync and TouchDown, but I'm really only looking for a task solution at this point.

Here is my setup:
Exchange account
Outlook 2007 (eventually 2010)

I have accepted that there is no Task only Activesync solution.
What I'm hoping to settle for now, is a service that I can sync with my Outlook application. And my extension, Outlook with sync with my exchange account. Then an Android app that will sync with this Third Party service.

The services I've been able to identify so far are:
Remember the Milk
Toodledo

Any thoughts on how I can make either of these work? Or perhaps there is some other service?

If not, then I may have to settle for a desktop sync like MissingSync or CompanionLink.

thanks in advanced...

rotello

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, I can only help halfway here, but I'll try. Maybe somebody else will come along and fill in the blanks...

I don't have any experience syncing Outlook with Toodledo, but for syncing your Android device to Toodledo, I highly recommend the app called Got To Do. It's a 'Getting Things Done'-centric app and it syncs really well with Toodledo.

Hopefully that helps a little in getting you to where you need to be.

Jeff

P.S. Just found this on Toodledo's website. Has a certain scary element to it, as you'll see when you read...

Toodledo : Outlook Synchronization

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I had problems with repeating event in Astrid. I changed over to Toodledo and Got To Do for Android and am happy with that combination.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Toodledo and Got to Do. No hiccups at all; everything syncs perfectly and automatically. I'm incredibly underwhelmed by the GTD app on my DI - it is about as plain jane as you can get - but it is better than nothing.

sojourner753

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm getting the feeling that there isn't a full circle solution for me. I suppose I will have to think about whether its worth me moving my task list to another system.

Even Missing Sync doesn't have a desktop solution for tasks.

Am I missing something? Why does this seem so hard? iOS, Android... even WinPhone 7 may not support tasks out of the box. Hmm....

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I know you mentioned a task only, but the more i researched it myself as well I have come to realize that Touchdown is by far the best at syncing my tasks.

In fact you don't have to use the mail portions at all if you disable which folders get sync'd.

I mostly use tasks at my desk via outlook, so I really just needed a way to DISPLAY them on my phone.. I use touchdown to pull them in, and then "Pure Calendar Widget" to display the tasks alongside my meetings and other items in the widget. I hardly ever open the Touchbook app itself.

Just a thought.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Try using Touchdown. It is a full featured Exchange sync program that will sync Calendar, Tasks, and Contacts OTA.

It has a companion program called NitroNotes which can sync Outlook notes over USB. Works wonderfully! Best $20 I ever dropped on a mobile phone software pacakge.

sojourner753

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I've tried TouchDown before and thought it was pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was the Day view. I often have conflicting appointments at work and it seems to overlay them rather than putting them side by side. I like the Google calendar better in that regard.

I tried it again yesterday and realized all that I was missing with stock android setup. So I went ahead and purchased it. So now I have my Tasks and a better email client.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome