What's the best sound/profile scheduler for my situation?

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi.
On my old Samsung Fascinate, I used to use ToggleSettings, but apparently that was discontinued and doesn't work at all on my new Galaxy S3...

Here's what I need:

In short, I need ALL sounds and vibrations EXCEPT phone calls (and maybe the alarm clock if possible) to automatically be turned off at a specified time every evening. My wake-up time is different on many days, so I need to be able to turn them all back on manually without it disabling the automatic quiet mode in the evening.

What I used to do with the previous program was to turn off all Syncing - no Syncing, no email sounds.

I tried Profile Scheduler, and it's a nice program, but it has a few limitations that don't work for my purposes - it will buzz at every profile change, it let a calendar notification through when all sounds were supposed to be off (except alarm - I figured alarm was clock, not calendar, maybe I'm wrong there...), and when I manually turn Night mode off in the morning whenever I get up, it disables the schedule to turn Night mode back on later...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

jac-3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Tasker?
I'm using that for some simple things (settings change when I connect to Bluetooth in car, night mode, etc) but from reading the documentation, it is pretty powerful. I just need to play with it some.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I tried Llama, and that seems to do the trick for what I need.
I think I have looked at Tasker in the past, but I might check it out again, thanks!

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I tried Llama, and that seems to do the trick for what I need.
I think I have looked at Tasker in the past, but I might check it out again, thanks!

I've used both Tasker and Llama and didn't have good experiences. And when looking at there reviews many people have had found there apps are filled with bugs and problems.

Check out Smart Volume Control+. It just like the other two apps, but better. Just read up on there reviews.

JohnBoy1922

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've used both Tasker and Llama and didn't have good experiences. And when looking at there reviews many people have had found there apps are filled with bugs and problems.

Check out Smart Volume Control+. It just like the other two apps, but better. Just read up on there reviews.

I have Smart Volume Control+ too and it is a good app. Functions way better than Audio Manager, Tasker, Llama Profiler.....plus it is only $3.99 to download. They are always updating the apps too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz