Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stream DLNA Video - Mainly MKV and DTS!

Hello Androids,

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" for my wife and found the DLNA app pretty useful. So, I searched for an app like it for my ASUS Transformer TF-101 to do the same. I was able to get it working from my NAS server which I stream movies to my Sony SMP-N200 wired; as most movies are 4-14GB. All movies play flawlessly via this setup. Now when I saw couple of apps: iMediaShare Free, PlayTo, MediaHouse and ArkMMC it seems like I am running into the same issue with every single one of them; if the movie has DTS sound, it will not play or have no sound. Some apps have better looking GUI than others, some are much more useful, some even show all the movies, and for some reason one of them didn't. Anyway, my issue is the DTS. Most of my movies I have saved onto my collection in MKV for video and either DD 5.1 or DTS for audio. The DD 5.1 works perfectly in all; but not so much for DTS. I rather DTS as the sound is better and goes along pretty well with my system setup AVR Pioneer Elite SC-65.

Does anyone know of an app, paid or free, that will play movies in DTS via DLNA? The idea is great as the menu that the Sony SMP-N200 shows is pretty poor, and not only that, it would be easier for my kids to find their movies also as my little one doesn't now how to read very well yet, but she sure can see Simba and automatically knows that is Lion King.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it as this would make my life very easy and quickly to DLNA movies onto my streaming device.

-Alex

Android Devices that would be used:
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Motorola Droid X
    ASUS Transformer TF-101
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Visual Land 7"

Streaming Devices:
    Sony SMP-N200 (couple of this connected to TVs below)
    LG 55" 3D TV
    Vizio 19" TV
    Pioneer Elite SC-65 AVR