- 820 Posts
Google Voice question
If someone calls your Google Voice number, and it rings through to your phone, is there any way to actually answer the call? Every time someone calls me through that number, I answer the phone as I normally would, but then I get an automated message playing telling me to press 1 to accept the call or 2 to send to voicemail. Every time I press 1, the call isn't put through; it's just dead silence, and nothing happens, so I have to hang up. Am I doing something wrong, or what?
- 02-03-2013, 09:21 AM #2
- 02-03-2013, 10:31 AM #3
Re: Google Voice question
what that means is that the caller has hung up before you were able to answer. You have two options. One, you can either enable the ring to be longer thru a code entered in the phone(you will have to get this based on your carrier). Or second, go into Google voice on your computer and then go to settings to remove that option to have to choose. It is under the Calls tab and you want to choose Off under Call Screening. This will now enable direct answering as if someone was calling your phone directly. If you still want to screen then you have to lengthen the ring as noted in option 1.
Some background if you have not tried it yourself. The person calls your Google number, they are presented a voice prompt that you the receiver has an option to send to voicemail while the system is awaiting for you to answer your phone and hit the 1. This is where callers can hng up, the call is put thru still since there is some lag and when you hit 1, no one is there.
- By scooz16 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
- By herbmmm in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 05-10-2010, 11:23 AM
- By Brett in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 5Last Post: 12-24-2009, 07:25 AM
- By SquawkTalkWireless in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-16-2009, 09:17 AM
- By p4trickh#IM in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:21 PM