Voice Recorder Recommendations

pharmnatr

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,
Can anyone recommend a voice recorder. I need one that can pause and restart a recording without starting a new file. I make recordings with frequent pauses and dont want to have numerous files. I prefer to pause a recording and unpause the recording so I continue with the same audio file. Hope I'm making sense!
The ones I have tried so far dont have a pause feature while recording. The pause feature is used during playback.

Thanx in advance

Al

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Recordoid is pretty good. The version on the market only does up to 10 minutes, though. You'll have to buy the full version from elsewhere and sideload it. That lets you Record as long as you want. Great for college lectures, I've found.

DamnRock

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
not to bring up an old thread but thisis somethng I'm looking into now... Recordoid saves as qcp... good luck finding a program that can edit those... I need a voice recorder that saves as mp3 not qcp so I can save the files and edit them later. Any ideas?

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
How about TapeMachine? It costs ~$5.50 US but does allow pause, and the killer thing is you can view and edit visually using the waveforms, that is a big deal for me. It saves to WAV, OGG, AAC, and FLAC. I may get this one.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
not to bring up an old thread but thisis somethng I'm looking into now... Recordoid saves as qcp... good luck finding a program that can edit those... I need a voice recorder that saves as mp3 not qcp so I can save the files and edit them later. Any ideas?

Really, now? I'm still using Recordoid 3.2, and I don't see a single bit where it says it records in qcp. Hell, I just updated to 4.0 right now, and I still see just the options to record in 3gp and Wave.

That said, TapeMachine does sound good, but I already spent my money on Recordoid.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith