Best Music app for DI and PC?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not very experienced in coordinating music from my PC and playing it on my DI. For those of you who do it all the time, what apps seem to work and play well together? Thanks in advance for any input.

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I use Doubletwist, works pretty decently. Only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't integrate with the default lock screen.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Doubletwist is bloatware in my opinion, especially for those of us with large music libraries. It's slow, it rescans my library everytime I launch it and stutters quite a bit while trying to play music with the built in music player on the pc. Extremely overrated.

If you currently use itunes on your pc, try iSyncr and the iSyncr ratings addon. Once launched on your pc, you select the itunes playlists you want to move to your phone. I like it because it's quick and syncs your playcounts and ratings (with the addon of course). The only negative is that I have to use the HTC built in player if I want to see the ratings.

Mixzing is the best option if you don't need syncing with itunes. It's easy, has eq (albeit primitive), nice "info" option, lyric support, and has a nice widget.

I can't wait until the technology moves to a total cloud based system where all of our music is uploaded to a server and we simply access our music however we want (i.e., phone, pc, etc.). There are a few products out there now (and I've tried a few of them), but it's still a little cumbersome.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Lithium is hands down the best music client I have used. I absolutely hate doubletwist, and I think mixzing is decent.

iamtone

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I've used both. I find them to be pretty equal, honestly.

Try out both is my advice.

yea but using double twist on my mac and waitin 5 hours everytime i want to sync gave me a bad taste plus dtwist has no genre option to just play a certain genre u have tagged in ur music libary

i like the fact with mixzing u can edit ur music tags on the phone without using a computer

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
yea i like the fact with mixzing u can edit ur music tags on the phone without using a computer

I like the tagging on the fly, but it doesn't have an option to bulk edit an entire an album or artist. This, makes the mp3 tagging pretty much useless.

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone here ever tried streaming music. Check out these two apps. The one I like is called Mecanto. Also, you can try HomePipe. Both of them allow you to stream your entire music collection from your pc to your Android phone. They both work well, however, Mecanto works better for me with playing my mp3s & Itunes podcasts. HomePipe is good for accessing all of your data files such as pdf, MS Office, videos, etc. directly from your pc onto your Android phone. The stipulation with these apps is that they only work via WIFI or 3G. Also, it takes a long time to copy your files to the "Cloud" if you have alot of files to upload, but, once they are uploaded, you are good to go. Both apps also autosync any changes to your folders that are made on your pc. Both apps are web-based so that if you want to access your data from another computer, you can do so. Lastly, they both have built in players, playlist setup, etc. Hope this helps someone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63