Purchased Kindle ebook opened up on Play Books????
So I bought 11/22/63(great Stephen King book btw..) on the Amazon Kindle app on my Nexus 7. I had a gift card so it cost me next to nothing.. I was poking around in my Google Play Books app and noticed the book appeared there also.. strange I thought.. until I opened it and started going through the first beginning pages and noticed it had the SAME "Thank you for purchasing this book" message as my Kindle version had.
How is this possible? I didn't buy the same book on Play, I've searched my history for all Google purchases, nada.. only my Amazon purchase, yet it's available in the Play Books app.. only THIS book did this.. anyone heard of this?
- 02-08-2013, 01:48 PM #2
Re: Purchased Kindle ebook opened up on Play Books????
A Kindle book is just a file. Typically with a file extension of .azw or .mobi. Any program that can read the file can open the book. It's like downloading an mp3 file from Amazon. You can listen to it on any app that can read an mp3.
I suspect the "Thank you" text is just hardcoded in the file.
- By Dolfan058 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 15Last Post: 07-30-2013, 02:43 PM
- By Slender Troll in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 12Last Post: 01-03-2013, 11:52 PM
- By VertigoM in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 12-19-2012, 05:13 PM
- By nicoled985 in forum ASUS EeePad TransformerReplies: 0Last Post: 09-09-2011, 12:53 AM
- By anthonym83 in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 05-25-2010, 10:06 PM