Good app for sorting photos/files

DJ Nativus

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

This isn't as generic as it sounds. I've had no luck searching for an app like this.

I was a heavy Palm OS user for years and years until HP drove it into the ground and I was forced over to the Android world. I purchased an S3 and I'm actually really happy with it. Except on Palm, I was working on a project that Resco File Explorer did amazing at. Basically I was sorting photos and I would drag from a frame with thumbnails over into a file tree of folders.

The only usable gallery app for this feature I found is QuickPic which is a great viewer, but having to view the pic full screen and then hit the menu button and click move and navigate to the folder is rather tedious.

I found an app that got closer, but missed the mark, called Photo Desk. It displays the thumbnails to the right and lets you drag and drop to albums, but it doesn't put the albums in a tree and it seems to bug out and show empty thumbnails. Plus once you move a photo, it scrolls to the very first photo every time. Darn :<

Any recommendations for a good app for this? Am I missing something in QuickPic that would allow me to drag and drop thumbnails to photos? Please help D: There's so many photo apps out there.

Update: I found X-Plore which is really close to what I was looking for. I just wish it could show thumbnails larger and in a grid and that I could only show folders on one side, besides that, it works a bit better than QuickPic =)

Last edited:

DJ Nativus

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
For anyone who is curious, I found a great application eventually, but was really hoping for some help on this forum.

This application called Solid Explorer is dual paned with independent browsing. You can set one pane in a list mode and the other pane in large thumbnails and you can just drag and drop pictures into folders on the other side. It has a 14-day trial then it's only $1.99.. a bargain:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer&token=W8yDy2Ww

Chucky1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey, the gallery on the Note 2 does what you are speaking of. I can see where you can become attatched to a program like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums