- 1 Posts
PC Virus coming from my Note II
I've been a member for quite a while, but never had any reason to post and had less knowledge than most so have never had the chance to help. But here I am today asking for it. Here's my problem:
Somewhere along the line recently, I downloaded a virus onto my Note II. However, it isn't an virus that seems to affect androids so my antivirus app (avast!) isn't catching it. However, every time I sync to my computer, the desktop's antivirus does catch it as it comes in and neutralizes it, but it forces me to restart my computer. Annoying.
My computer's antivirus can't scan my phone and my phone's antivirus doesn't see the virus. I can't find it doing a manual scan. I'm trying to avoid blitzing my phone if I can.
- 02-11-2013, 04:21 PM #2
- 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM #3
Re: PC Virus coming from my Note II
I suspect your desktop AV is incorrectly interpreting what it's finding on the Android device. Does your desktop software tell you what file it thinks has the virus? It should be logging or reporting that information somewhere. If not, you need a better AV program.
- By dodong27 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 15Last Post: 01-02-2013, 07:14 PM
- By SHIVA77 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 14Last Post: 12-09-2012, 11:43 AM
- By GirlWithTea in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 11-16-2012, 11:52 AM
- By wuyuepak in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2012, 05:12 AM
- By tere12 in forum LG VortexReplies: 1Last Post: 05-12-2012, 10:02 PM