Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PC Virus coming from my Note II

Hi there,

I've been a member for quite a while, but never had any reason to post and had less knowledge than most so have never had the chance to help. But here I am today asking for it. Here's my problem:

Somewhere along the line recently, I downloaded a virus onto my Note II. However, it isn't an virus that seems to affect androids so my antivirus app (avast!) isn't catching it. However, every time I sync to my computer, the desktop's antivirus does catch it as it comes in and neutralizes it, but it forces me to restart my computer. Annoying.

My computer's antivirus can't scan my phone and my phone's antivirus doesn't see the virus. I can't find it doing a manual scan. I'm trying to avoid blitzing my phone if I can.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: PC Virus coming from my Note II

maybe try a scan with Lookout.

Default Re: PC Virus coming from my Note II

I suspect your desktop AV is incorrectly interpreting what it's finding on the Android device. Does your desktop software tell you what file it thinks has the virus? It should be logging or reporting that information somewhere. If not, you need a better AV program.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.