Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clevin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What browser do you use? & why?

I just picked up the new RAZR Maxx HD, I'm really liking the features on the Chrome browser that comes stock on the phone. Wish it had the Quick Controls though, that feature looks awesome. Hopefully chrome supports that one day soon...

So what browser do you use?

Global Posts
    1,844 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Default Re: What browser do you use? & why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Clarkson View Post
    I just picked up the new RAZR Maxx HD, I'm really liking the features on the Chrome browser that comes stock on the phone. Wish it had the Quick Controls though, that feature looks awesome. Hopefully chrome supports that one day soon...

So what browser do you use?

I'm using Dolphin HD. Clean interface and faster than any other mobile browser (fact)

No doubt. Dolphin is a fast, reliable browser. That's what I use on my Android, 2nd choice is Firefox (beta version still), but Chrome is alright, no need to sweat it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Cool.. I'm gonna check dolphin out again. I used it before back in the day, mainly just too get wallpapers for my device though. Never really gave the browser & its functions a chance.
    Maxx HD - T C

I'm using Firefox. It's what I use on my PC so I just went with it on my phone. I've never tried anything else in my phone. Never thought it necessary.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yeah I use Firefox on my PC a lot! I recently switched too chrome on there as well though, seems more organized just always being linked up with my gmail account.
    Maxx HD - T C

Anyone using Opera mini? That's pretty nice.

I like Dolphin and Opera because they have homepages. The stock browser/Chrome fail on that. It just seems easier to start from a familiar page.
    Possum Pete

I'm Not Dead!
    Galaxy Note 2

I use firefox, it syncs with all my desktop firefoxs very well. all the bookmarks, visited sites, history, passwords, etc, all synced. I don't feel like put link all my personal stuff through google email. Mozilla Sync seems safer, if only because its less a target of hackers.

It is quite fast also, and now has theme support, lol
    What browser do you use?  & why?-2013-02-18_20-21-07.png
    Last edited by clevin; 02-19-2013 at 07:08 AM.
    Tommy Clarkson likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Nice, thanks for the info. I've always been a fan of Firefox.. never really gave there mobile browser a chance though. Didnt know it had all those sync capabilities either. Sounds like I might have too try quite a few different ones out... thanks guys!
    Maxx HD - T C

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

I don't like how firefox doesn't have a homepage, and I HATE how you have to hit menu then quit to actually close it. Other browsers close with the back arrow on the phone

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

I just d/led dolphin for the first time. I love it. It's got all of the good stuff that chrome and firefox have together, closes with back arrow, and is fast

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    Razr ics rooted

Quote Originally Posted by kgk1985 View Post
    I don't like how firefox doesn't have a homepage, and I HATE how you have to hit menu then quit to actually close it. Other browsers close with the back arrow on the phone

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    the top sites works for me so far, im unsure at this time if i prefer a homepage or not, lol

back to close is implemented in the next version. i swear a lot of people love the quit button. there are already two addons to restore it.

Dolphin most of the time and Chrome as my backup.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.