A "due app" Android equivalent

wlane272

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone for a few months and fell in love with an app called "Due". Check it out at dueapp.com. I like it because it makes you address the tasks to make the alarm go off. It calls this the "auto snooze" function. The app gives a notification and if you don't clear it by setting a new time for the reminder to go off or by checking off the task it will go off again in a minute. This forces you to look at the screen and address it.

Does anyone know of a similar app with that function for android? Or a way to recreate that? I have Astrid now and the persistent notifications in the notification panel don't do it for me. I've just learned to ignore them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cdmadon

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I too miss Due, it's an amazing app.

I've found two that are pretty good. I'm still trying both to see which i like better.

Life Reminders & RemindMe

wlane272

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I too miss Due, it's an amazing app.

I've found two that are pretty good. I'm still trying both to see which i like better.

Life Reminders & RemindMe

Thanks. I'm trying Life Reminders now. Who developed RemindMe? There are a lot of apps with that name.

wlane272

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I used ANY.do for awhile, and I LOVE the UI. But, it had persistent notifications, but just the icon and a great notification that would display all your tasks on one "notification space". But I need the phone to keep making sound and annoying the hell out of me until I stop and address the task.

So far Life Reminders is winning. Many thanks to cdmadon.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I used ANY.do for awhile, and I LOVE the UI. But, it had persistent notifications, but just the icon and a great notification that would display all your tasks on one "notification space". But I need the phone to keep making sound and annoying the hell out of me until I stop and address the task.

You might want to try ANY.do again.

They've added "ANY.do moment"... it pops up with a reminder of all of your days "To Do's", and allows you to either mark them as done, remind me in 15 minutes, remind me tomorrow or custom.

It also automatically allows you to set reminders for any missed phone calls! If you didn't answer a call, it will ask if you'd like to Ignore, Be Reminded to call back, Call Back Now, etc.

It's just a very elegant reminder program that keeps getting better and better! AND... it's FREE!

mcgrathpatj

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone for a few months and fell in love with an app called "Due". Check it out at dueapp.com. I like it because it makes you address the tasks to make the alarm go off. It calls this the "auto snooze" function. The app gives a notification and if you don't clear it by setting a new time for the reminder to go off or by checking off the task it will go off again in a minute. This forces you to look at the screen and address it.

Does anyone know of a similar app with that function for android? Or a way to recreate that? I have Astrid now and the persistent notifications in the notification panel don't do it for me. I've just learned to ignore them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to pass on that I've finally found a good Due alternative for Android.

It's called Recurrence.

It's damn close but still not as polished. Just not as quick to enter criteria. I wish someone could copy Due or better yet Due make an Android version.

SweKiwi

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to pass on that I've finally found a good Due alternative for Android.

It's called Recurrence.

It's damn close but still not as polished. Just not as quick to enter criteria. I wish someone could copy Due or better yet Due make an Android version.

But does it do nagging reminders? That you can paus for 1 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 1 day etc.?
THAT is what I really need :-

tbsp

Feb 24, 2019
Visit site
But does it do nagging reminders? That you can paus for 1 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 1 day etc.?
THAT is what I really need :-

As someone who switched to Android yesterday after exclusively using iOS devices for 8 years, discovering I can't find an app as magical as Due is blowing my mind!

Has anyone found anything that allows notifications to be pushed off for a few different amounts of time quickly? I've tried a handful of apps and they all want me to go to the actual app to change the set reminder time.

I had small hopes for just using Google Calendar, but delaying the notification only delays the notification, it doesn't push the actual reminder to the future.

jzibart

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
This post is not as old as some of the original comments - so I will first ask: Have you found the magical Due equivalent yet? I have emailed the developer and begged, quite eloquently, for him to port over to Android .... nothing yet.

However, I have found an ok alternative ... it is not perfect & the nag component (which is essential to me) sometimes seems to be random on when it goes off - but it is easy & has a nicely embarrassing component of reading the task aloud. You can then snooze it for "X" time (minutes, hours, days) or you can act on it. The app is Memorigi.

Always up for trying something new if you have a better answer. Memorigi does not have the ability to share tasks with others ... another vital feature for our family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol