3 apps show updates available but won't update

jwhipple

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 apps that are showing updates, but when I attempt to update it shows unsuccessful. I have a good strong signal with no issues doing anything else data wise.

Apps are:

MyYearbook
ATK
Toutier (or however you spell it - twitter app).

I tried uninstalling them but now I can't install them again.

I restored from a NAND backup but still am having issues.

This is on a Galaxy Vibrant.

Anyone else seeing anything similar?

Thanks!

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Give them time, few hours. This happens when the dev submits the new update, but it's not fully pushed to the servers yet.

jwhipple

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
After the first restore didn't fix I did a wipe and restore which fixed the problem. I'm guessing something in my cache was hosed.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

jwhipple

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and I'm showing 1.54GB application storage available, so I'm leaning even more now towards it being my cache that was borked.

Unless someone else can offer another possible explanation?

karabean585

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
So how would I go about cleaning out my cache? I'm having the same issue with my HTC Evo. I have about 15 apps that are in the update queue, but aren't downloading. It's been weeks and still nothing!

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
So how would I go about cleaning out my cache? I'm having the same issue with my HTC Evo. I have about 15 apps that are in the update queue, but aren't downloading. It's been weeks and still nothing!

Settings/applications/manage applications/market/clear data

You don't need a paid app to clear your Market cache.

Drunk texted from my Gingerbreaton Bolt.

trifecta

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar problem. Shows updates but when I go to it in the market the option is "open" not update. Google+ is currently in that status.

watson387

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar problem. Shows updates but when I go to it in the market the option is "open" not update. Google+ is currently in that status.

I've noticed that when that happens the update will usually show up within an hour or so so check back. If it continues to be a problem follow my instructions above to wipe your Market data.

Drunk texted from my Gingerbreaton Bolt.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance