NFC tag programming question

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of any NFC app that allow me to program an NFC tag to toggle data on and off? None of the apps that I have tried will do this.

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of any NFC app that allow me to program an NFC tag to toggle data on and off? None of the apps that I have tried will do this.

Mobile data network status is controlled by different settings on different types of devices. For instance, toggling mobile data on and off on a WiMax device uses a different setting than toggling mobile data on an LTE device. This is the case, at least, with some devices. It's long been an issue for application developers who want to have a "universal" mobile data networks toggle programmatically (i.e. via code). In the past, developers used the MODIFY_PHONE_STATE permission for most methods of enabling/disabling mobile data, but that permission was marked as "system use only" in 2.3. Here's an example showcasing the differences and difficulties.

Because of this, it may not be quite so easy to find one that has the option. I'm not saying there isn't one, though. I haven't looked at the offerings enough to give you a concrete answer.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Pat, I appreciate the information. I'll just leave data on, because as long as wifi is on, data is not and visa versa.

Frank

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I found the perfect NFC app. NFC Task Launcher will control just about every conceivable function on this phone, including phone calls and texts. I dug into the app and found it does a lot more than what appears on the surface. Another thing this company does is it sends you two free NFC tags for using their app and sending a short tweet, they also sell NFC tags and keyrings for less than anyone else I have researched.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca