Tasker Profiles Request

mhorn

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the Tasker app and I'm really loving it. I'm still learning how to program profiles for it though. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of the profiles I'm trying to create.

1) When Gallery and the Video Player are opened, turn off auto-brightness and set the brightness to full, then turn auto-brightness back on again when Gallery is closed.

2) When I get an email in Gmail to have my phone vibrate 3 times and when I get an sms have the phone vibrate twice.

Also is there a site besides the tasker wiki that has a list of various profiles people have created with this app?

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
Okay in reply to your first option...here is what I did...

I created a TASK called AUTO BRIGHT OFF -- In that task, I set auto brightness OFF (under the display option) and then set the brightness to 255.

I created a TASK called AUTO BRIGHT ON -- In that task, I set auto brightness to ON (under the display option)

I then created an APPLICATION profile and added the AUTO BRIGHT OFF TASK to that profile and saved.

Then , select the TASK from the screen and add an EXIT task of AUTO BRIGHT ON.

Now when you go into the application, the AUTO BRIGHT OFF kicks in , and the screen goes full bright. When you exit, the AUTO BRIGHT ON kicks in.

When creating the profile, you will get a warning that the exit task will or may be flaky. So far in testing it has worked fine on my EVO.

Hope that helps....great idea for controlling the brightness like that.

Scott

mhorn

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
This worked perfectly. It actually gave me other ideas on what I could tweak. I ended up using the same task you created and have it kick in when I'm playing back videos as well. I also set up my screen to not timeout during video playback and while I'm using the Kindle app. I still haven't figured out how to get tasker to activate for specific gmail actions, but this is definitely a good start.

filly444

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I need a task that enables wifi when I get home. How would I do this. Seems simple but I can't figure out this App without a detailed guide.

mhorn

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Something I set up was a widget for when I'm at home. I created a task and called it Home. Hit the plus sign at the bottom of the screen and press on "net". In this screen you can access the wifi toggle, set wifi to on and the first part is set. I went one step further and then pressed the plus sign again and went back to "net" and pressed the blue tooth toggle and set it to off, so that when I use my widget it will turn my wifi on and my bluetooth off. Next go to your android homescreen and hold down on the desktop, when the "add to homescreen" menu pops up, select widgets and then select "task". From there find your premade "Home" task and then press "make widget" at the bottom of the screen. At this point you should now have a widget that will turn on wifi and turn off bluetooth with a single press. I of course have set a driving widget where it turns off wifi and turns on bluetooth as well. It makes things a little easier.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I need a task that enables wifi when I get home. How would I do this. Seems simple but I can't figure out this App without a detailed guide.
I'm assuming your doing this at home.

Open Tasker, Select New Location, Select Net and deselect GPS, now click the get fix button. You need some type of network access to get the fix. Once you get the fix click done.

Once it has acquired the fix click done and give it a name. Now click the + in the lower left, select Net and then select Wi-Fi. Change Set from Off to On and click Done. Click Done again and your good to go.

When you get in the area of your house your WiFi will turn on and when you leave it should turn it back off. If not you may need to add an exit task to turn it off.

As a side note, you can turn on and leave on your WiFi. When it's not connected to an access point it uses very little power. Mine stays on all the time and with my normal usage I'm normally around 60% with my N1.

Kage_

Chuckvant

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Wondering....

Can I see a wifi network (my own) if I'm not connected to Wifi?

I doubt it, but he plan would be... when my network is near, turn on Wifi and connect to it.....

Thanks in advance.....

Chuck
Tech-Tard Extraordinaire

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Not connected to WiFi isn't the same thing as WiFi off (WiFi can be on but not connected). WiFi can't see access points when it's off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech