Kindle App

dixiediamond

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the Kindle app and it says you can get free books but I haven't found any. Does anyone know if you can download book torrents and read them through the Kindle app or a book app that you can get free books through!!!

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Search for old books with no valid copyrights, like "Alice in Wonderland", "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" or "Frankenstein". These are all free on the Kindle marketplace.

moosepath

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi dixiediamond,
The free books are found at the Kindle bookstore on Amazon's website. You set up your account so that the books download to your kindle (in this case your phone). I use kindle on my PC and my Incredible. It shares info and I can pick up reading on the one where I left off on the other. The free books are mostly classics and out of print books with an occassional promo thrown in. Hope that can help you.

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Go to the kindle store and search kindle freebies and you will find something other than classics. Lately it has been a lot of christian fiction and some erotica. On the kindle community forum someone usually posts the freebie of the day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If you don't own a kindle or just want to read free books there's and app called Laputa which gives you lots of free ebooks with a nice UI is similar to the Ipad/Iphone ebook reader, it even has the bookshelf for your books. Just recommending and alternative to the Kindle app with quick and easy access to ebooks.

Last edited:

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
There are also non-classics offered free for promotional purposes. At a Kindle fansite, they operate a thread each month devoted to postings of free non-classics, and the link is here:

Free Book Finds: August 2010

Since August just started, there's not much there now. But search around and you'll find the July thread. Look carefully before clicking, free promotional books don't last forever!

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I found a couple websites by searching for "Free Kindle Books" in google. You download them and put them in the "kindle" folder on your SD card and they show up in the app.

starquin98

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking to and havent found any I know about Amazon's free books
As well as Kindle but if you were asking about torrents? Then I can say I haven't found any.
It sucks to with this economy who can buy a book? Plus where I'm
From they are making the damn things longer and charging 2 dollars more. Lmfao
But that's life. :p