- 351 Posts
What Apps make it worth rooting?
I have no desire to load a custom ROM, and the presence of bloatware doesn't bother me. However, I am a techie, and I like to do as much with my phone as I can if it would be beneficial to me. So far, with my phone, I know that I need to be rooted to silence the camera shutter... but I don't know that is enough of a benefit to get me to root.
So, what app(s) or app functionality requires a phone to be rooted? Is there an app that you use that makes rooting essential for you?
I will start out with one that I have discovered, that I might like to have. I will maintain a list in this posting if the thread grows long enough to benefit from a digest.
Avast! Mobile Security - Needs root for firewall functionality.
- 03-22-2013, 08:52 AM #2
- 03-24-2013, 03:27 AM #3
Re: What Apps make it worth rooting?
Titanium Backup is the main reason I rooted.
Even though I have a Nexus, there is still what I consider bloatware on my phone that I was able to delete. Such as Google Magazines, Google Books, Google Music, etc...
Some may not consider Google apps bloatware, but for what I use my phone for, I do not need these apps, so it's nice to be able to delete whatever you deem unnecessary for your particular needs. It just makes your phone cleaner & less cluttered up.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
- By AllenRulz in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 06-14-2012, 03:49 AM
- By ckim06 in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2012, 01:02 AM
- By steddora in forum Epic 4G Touch Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM
- By Coleus in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 01-25-2012, 09:47 AM
- By dopeness02 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2011, 11:13 AM